• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures How´s your Pi´s bedside manners?

SwedeBird

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Linus has a habit of sitting on the armrest of my couch, under a blanket (like in a sort of a cave), when he gets sleepy around 5/6 pm. Then I pick him up and move him to his cage when I´m ready for bed some hours later.
If I come home late he still "insists" he has go to the couch and be covered, even if it´s just for a very short while, I don´t think I would ever get him into his cage optherwise!:wacky:

Has anyone else of you these "problems"? And I do know it´s my own fault, I´ve spoilt him rotten!:roflmao:;)
Linus.1.JPG
Hurry up, human and cover me up!:lol:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
Ernie Pi likes to watch tv with us in the evening. He fights sleep; I see his eyelids droop and shakes himself awake.
Then even though he’s so sleepy, he protests going to bed.
Yes it’s our fault they’re spoiled. But that’s why we have them, right?

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Leia likes to have a little wind down time before bed. If I'm watching TV or reading on the sofa she'll perch on my shoulder, tuck a foot up and doze for a while. It's so cute, and a really nice bit of her routine that she's invented herself. She'll also put herself to bed if I'm working on the computer and she doesn't think I'm paying enough attention to her bedtime.

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
Linus is beautiful!!! Kobe also likes to hide in covered places. :laugh:

Dartman

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Nerd would hang out with us and around 10 or so he'd decide it was bed time and go in on his own. Lurch would try to hide and roost but usually would allow us to put him away. Dobby at first wanted nothing to do with bed time and would fly all over the house trying to avoid getting caught and stuffed into his house. Now he likes to find a favorite spot and snooze. Sometimes he'll be tired and ready and will ride to his cage and go in. Sometimes he'll take a few flights then allow us to put him away, sometimes when he's really tired and ready he flies over and goes in on his own but sometimes he jumps off his door so hard he flings it closed and can't go in even if he wants to. They all seemed to adjust to our bedtime or decide when they were ready on their own.

Wannabird2003

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Karen Z
Mine will be on top of her cage and at dusk if you aren't already tending to her, will announce "Birdy go" meaning she wants to be put to bed. I get her cage ready and give her kisses before putting her on her roosting perch and covering her up. Same routine every night like clockwork.

CheckeredTail

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Tsushi
Toro varies. Some nights she flies over and settles down in her cage without us having to do anything even up to an hour before bed. Then sometimes she is deadset on staying up with her mommas while we watch TV. When she does that she has a spot that sorta faces the wall and she turns her back to us to settle in, but even though she's barely even watching us, she refuses to want to just go in the nice quiet room to go get some sleep. She just wants to be with her family I guess. Stubborn sometimes, it's the Pi way.

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
omg! My plumhead is named 'Pi' so I was very excited that I found all the birdies with the name Pi. Nope Pi =Pionus... omg! I am tired. Off I go :goodnight2:

Fuzzy

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Roz
omg! My plumhead is named 'Pi' so I was very excited that I found all the birdies with the name Pi. Nope Pi =Pionus... omg! I am tired. Off I go :goodnight2:
LOL! If you had a Plum Headed Pionus - OMG!!! They are ultra rare! Say hello to Pi the Plumhead who I know is ultra special!

fashionfobie

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
LOL! If you had a Plum Headed Pionus - OMG!!! They are ultra rare! Say hello to Pi the Plumhead who I know is ultra special!
I didn't know there was a Plumheaded Pionus! I just looked them up and they are super cute.