• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Household products that may contain PTFE

Monaco

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Kelly Hill
Has anyone had any luck replacing electric coil style cook top elements that are ptfe/pfoe free?

If so, all I need is a part number to order them. The Sears bankruptcy has put a major monkey wrench in just locating simple msds for the replacement parts, and the manufacturer ping ponging me to various people and refusal to look up part numbers for different elements has driven me absolutely crazy today.

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I did not see a question about baking mats.

Husband ordered some and I said no. He saw a parrot site which said it was safe. I said that is wrong.

He wanted something to catch drippings. I told him just put a cookie sheet underneath. Aluminum cookie sheet. Those are safe, yes?

I got rid of the cookie sheets with non stick coating. I insisted on getting rid of a griddle that had teflon on it. Wow, did he get mega furious! He threw it in the garage! I don’t mean he tossed it. He threw like a baseball pitcher. I thought my mean (dead) grandfather had possessed him. He was always throwing stuff.

Thankfully hubby was reasonable for a change and cancelled the order.

Last edited:

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
My in-laws bought that liner for the stove and gave it to me. I returned it to them and pointed out the verbage on it. It literally said not for bird people.

My in-laws apologized and said no problem. They love my birds.

They can't read fine print and didn't know.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I’ll err on the side of caution. I don’t trust silicone. A quick internet search has conflicting information. Also, if silicone mats are produced overseas, no thanks. I have no idea of the manufacture process or any testing carried out. Standards are almost certainly more stringent here, in the USA, in Canada and elsewhere.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think I’ll err on the side of caution. I don’t trust silicone. A quick internet search has conflicting information. Also, if silicone mats are produced overseas, no thanks. I have no idea of the manufacture process or any testing carried out. Standards are almost certainly more stringent here, in the USA, in Canada and elsewhere.

I have one set of silicone utensils that I love. I mainly use them for my cold kitchen items but I do use them for my ceramic pans. I've read a bunch of those articles too. I had a brand new set of cake pans. I pitched them. Those articles made me very nervous. I'm keeping the utensils but nothing that's sitting in my food as it heats & no food sitting in the silicone getting heated up.

I agree w/ you whole heartedly!

:bluhug: