• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

House sparrow

Mkaize

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mk
Hi guys
Need a little
I just rescued a house sparrow baby last month, she will be a month old , while i was putting her out from the box , she eventually jumps and crashed , since then she has a swollen leg , she often put her weight on it , otherwise uses only one leg , i feel really bad for her , and there is a little dry blood on her nail and its swollen, can you guys help please what medication i can give her?

Mkaize

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Mk
Hi guys need help
I had rescued a baby sparrow last month, still on hand feed, when putting out from a box she jumped from my hand and crashed on her legs, her one leg is swollen , she is not putting her weight on that leg and her nail is kind a looks a little dry blood sticking on it , please help me out , what medication i can give her

Attachments

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Looks like you have done great caring for this bird so far!
Is there a vet that will see the bird? Or a wildlife rehab centre who will take the bird in?

Threads merged to contain info and responses in one place.
Moved to Softbill circle for better visibility (Some members ¨ignore¨ the birdy talk playhouse forum)

@iamwhoiam @finchly @Birdbabe

Birdbabe

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Can she move it at all? Maybe sprained, hopefully not anything worse,,a vet or rehab is a good idea, she sure is cute, thank you for helping her.

Last edited:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I had a bad experience with that, my bird had crash landed when she was tiny and I took her to the vet - she had 3 breaks in her leg! I felt terrible. So for that reason I recommend seeing a vet.

Turmeric and cayenne are good for pain, but I don’t know how much they really help, you know?