• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Horse and Goat?

Status
Not open for further replies.

minirachie

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Rachel
Hello everybody!
Lily is going fine, being her normal snobby self. hehe
Her paddock mate a little shetland isn'y my own horse and he needs to go back to the owner, we can't afford another horse so we decided on a Goat.
She treats the shetland like her foal, Moving him around protecting him ect, so I was wondering if we got a baby goat (kid). Now I don't know how she would react to a goat, but Lily is all about having a herd. She becomes a completly different horse when others arent around.
But getting a baby goat there are pros and cons:
Pros: .It would be used to horses
.I can get the buds removed so there are no horns to harm Lily
.It would be easier to train when it gets older
,Tame

Cons: .Lily could hurt her.
Fencing isnt a worry as its electric and very low. So I don't know wether to get a Adult goat or Baby goat.
Introducing them could be a problem as we only have one paddock and Half a tennis court dad made into a Arena for me. So they could only have a few hours of being behind a fence and then, I would have to put them in the same paddock.
And when I say baby goat I dont mean 2 weeks old, I mean 2 months.
Just so confused and want the best for them both. So the people on AA are always a great help, bird talk and non bird talk.
I suppose I better pop in a few update photos of me and Lily as well ;) 470.jpg 468.jpg 476.jpg Ps. Sorry bout her hair in the bridle, I fixed it after the pics!
Thankyou!!

Status
Not open for further replies.