• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Horrible month

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
I'm hanging on by a thread. We lost our 13 yr old cat last week due to liver cancer. She died at home in my arms, so it was very peaceful. I felt guilty because I was almost relieved. It was a long 3 months of near constant care. Syringe feedings and baths and messy cleanups. I was exhausted and on the day she died I called my husband and basically said you need to come home and help me, I can't do this anymore. She died a few hours later.

Now our 6 yr old cat Fiona is critically ill with fluid in her lungs due to severe pneumonia or cancer. Vet can't really figure out which because her lungs are so bad and the xrays aren't showing obvious cancer unless it's hiding in her cloudy lungs. So now I'm back to 3 times a day syringe feeding and heavy doses of antibiotics. My vet funds are officially beyond maxed and I'm just hoping that no one else gets sick. Anywho, if you made it this far thanks for listening. Just needed to vent a bit before I go insane.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Awww I´m so sorry for your loss ❤

Sending you lots of positive thoughts :bluhug:

GoDucks

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Jamie
I am so sorry for all of the stress you are going through.

Please, take a deep breath, slowly exhale, and then do something fun for yourself, even if it is just getting out of the house to take a quick walk.

Imogena

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Joanna
Oh, I'm so sorry. It's a lot to take at one time. Please, use every support you can get from your family and friends. You need this. I'm sending good thoughts to you.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Prayers up.

I second the taking a walk outside to breathe.

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
All of God's blessings for you. I know, it is a very stressful time when taking care of critically ill companions. You do the very best you can but at the same time, cherish every moment you have with them. I hope Fiona will take a turn for the better!

ConureTiel

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
I'm so sorry, Keri. It's so, so hard when our pets are ill, and 6 is so young for your kitty.

We have had senior doggie after senior doggie get sick this year; one was 16 and at that point I can accept it, but the two 15-year-olds I thought were going strong but now one has Cushing's and one in kidney failure. I thought they'd both be hale and hearty at least until they were 16. Anyway, I completely understand both the money issue and the "I can't take anymore" emotionally and physically from the stress, worry, and caretaking. We are with you in spirit and lifting you and your Fiona up.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
Lots of hugs. It is never easy. And the drain physically, emotionally, and financially is overwhelming.
We has a really bad year 2 years ago. We lost 6 cats in 10 months. All were older except 1 that was around 10 years (she had a fast growing cancer on her face). We then decided to adopt 2 kittens. At 1 year old one of them died suddenly of unknown causes. Necropsy was inconclusive but pointed to possible ingestion of a toxic substance (We have no clue what it could have been and our cars are indoor only.)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
I'm so sorry :( When my cat Jasmine died last November it was very quick, and I felt guilty knowing that it was a blessing instead of drawn out with tons of supportive care. It's so hard as the caretaker, and doing it back to back like this is so stressful! I hope they figure out what is wrong with Fiona!♥

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry for your loss. Sending strength and positive energy your way. Try to get a little rest for yourself. :bighug:

Love My Zons

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Claire
I am very sorry for your loss. It is never ever easy! As for your little one, keeping you high in spirit and my thoughts to a recovery and a complete healing!.

Hugs to you!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bighug:

Ribbit21

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Keri
Fiona isn’t doing well, but I’ve been able to keep her as comfortable as possible. I think Luna (grey) misses Willow so I’m glad that she seems to be spending extra time with Fiona. Luna has such a big heart.

Attachments