• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

hormone time!

withoutwingz

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Elle
so ive had my quaker for a few days now. hes really awesome and has learned to say step up and come on and whistle. i am his person. he tolerates my fiance. he is ok with my kid....except during his hormonal time, which is right now. ive been careful not to bop at him, pet him anywhere BUT his head, and even that is minimal. he got a better diet when he came here, and i think thats helping him but kick started his hormonal time? he has a toy in his cage that he rubs himself on. i dont know if its good or not but i let him have it in both his cages (he goes to bed in his own room, hangs out in the living room with us during the day)
during this time when i first take him out, hell go to his cage but any amount of trying to get him to step up, which he would usually do just fine, leads to him flying across the house and me walking after him trying to get him to step up on his perch bc hell try to bite me otherwise.
is that a normal hormonal thing for a bird to do? he is usually so sweet the rest of the day and just now said thank you (hes in the window getting some sun and gave me a sweet kiss)
is there anything i should be doing when hes making me chase him around? i dont run, i dont yell. i talk to him nicely. this morning he wasnt even interested in watching me prepare his food for him, but he sure came out to eat it! hell make me chase him around in the morning, and then hes pretty chill the rest of the day too. is that normal as well?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
:bump4: