• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormone implant for Julip

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
We did not want to revisit the balloon-like swelling this year and egg binding. She did really great. No seizures and Dr. O was able to get her beak shaped properly.

5AE700C8-55E8-4BDF-88B7-2C9B1EF5F1B2.jpeg EA19A44F-7C61-4884-A84A-97062ADEAA98.jpeg

Giggie received her depo and added two meds from Bitty to her regimen...sildenaphil and another. She thinks when the ovaries swell from hormones, it’s cutting the blood flow to the legs. If that doesn’t work, she will get an implant too. Although I should have reminded dr o that she was also egg bound last year. And her heart is as wide as her liver which means we are looking at heart disease. Whew, at this rate, I’ll have a house full of heart babies.

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
Aw Chandra - I'm so sorry. Heart disease is hard and you can't let down for one minute.

The Sildenifil has done a great job for Jasper's blood pressure.

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Your a great parront! Ty for giving the very best care w/ the supervision of your vet! We both know, many don't. I'm sorry about the heart disease, I hope her life isn't shortened too much because of it!

webchirp

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chandra
If your vet didn't mention it, the depo shot really leaches calcium from the body. You might want to ask if a supplement is necessary
I have her on a supplement now because gabapentin does that with minerals too. We think the first year she was on it, it caused the unformed egg shell and binding. But I didn’t know depo did that. Think the implant does the same?

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
I have her on a supplement now because gabapentin does that with minerals too. We think the first year she was on it, it caused the unformed egg shell and binding. But I didn’t know depo did that. Think the implant does the same?
I really know nothing about the implant for it and what I do know about the depo shot is because for years I was on it myself. :)