• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal Velcro Bird!

PacoBirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Macey
So I'm pretty sure we all know what time of the year it is. Yep hormone season :shifty:(for me anyway). So I've been home from school for a little over 3 weeks and I'm pretty sure that Paco is now a velcro bird. He never wants to be away from me! He screams every time I leave the room and won't tolerate it if I set him on his stand. I'm home all day, so he is out almost all day. I just want him to sit on his stand while I work! Any tips?

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Distractions distractions distractions. Have you tried new toys? Foraging opportunities?
I can relate. Pockets is extremely hormonal right now and trying to regurgitate for any object he likes. It's a bit much. Yesterday I went out and cut some willow branches from our backyard and gave them as a shreddable "toy" - in exchange for 15 minutes of peace.

PacoBirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Macey
I did make him a few new toys, but apparently I’m more interesting. He is a very picky bird and only likes certain things. I’ll try foraging and see how that does.

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Look up station training. It's where you reward birds for staying on the stand with treats. There are a lot of good articles on it.

PacoBirb

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Macey
So the foraging was definitely a bust. He is screaming CONSTANTLY:extremeanger: I guess I will give stationing a try.