• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hormonal and Territorial

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Well Opie is tearing his “girlfriend” to bits! Lol! That hardly seems any way to treat a lady! :)

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Opie is a frustrated boy who now has a collar around his neck. He needs to get used to alot while being in a new home.

Can he fly?

You'll have to consider your arrangement & see when you let him out where he can be safe? Top of cage? A play stand etc. Also ways to get him back if he does not go back by himself. Probably too early to give him more ways to get frustrated. Best to let him get out his anger in the cage until he settles down a bit.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
The cage has a play top. I haven’t managed to get a stand or tree for him yet. I have a t-perch attached the cage door for him to enter and exit the cage. He still isn’t eating much except for the treats I drop in his bowl or during our target training today.

Oh, and I’m told he can fly, but the rescue clipped his wings (Kuiper’s too). I could close the door to his room and arm myself with a blanket if needed.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I think it will! The target training went better than I thought it would today :)

He’s just in a strange place, had to go to the vet, and his hormones are raging.

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Opie and his swing...what is with the licking! *shudder* I love my boy, but .... ugh! If he starts licking me, we're going to have to have a serious conversation. And I'm pretty sure he's being a bit overdramatic about the collar. When I'm not in the room with him, all is fairly quiet with the occasional conure grumblings. As soon as I come in the room, he has a fit at that collar complete with biting it and angry, squeaky sounds! Lol!

ParrotNuts

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Atharv
Well Opie is tearing his “girlfriend” to bits! Lol! That hardly seems any way to treat a lady! :)
Oh, conures must have this in common!!! Cheeku will tear his buddy to pieces during the day (to the extent that we have to put more cardboard pieces weekly. :rolleyes: ) But he won't sleep without her and will scream all night :ohdrama:

Pat H

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Pat
Oh, yes, well....I accidentally left the headlights on *sigh*

The battery isn’t that old, so it should be fine once it’s charged :)
Bummer, isn't it! I got a 'new' car, a 2013, and it's headlights DON'T GO OFF for awhile [unlike my 2001 car]. After a few days of allowing it to do it's own thing, the battery started to get weak. Now I shut the lights off instead of allowing the car to do it after a minute. Sometimes 'newfangled' is just NOT RIGHT!

Kassiani

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I feel bad that he hates the collar so much. But not bad enough to take it off. I hope I can keep it on him long enough for his chest wound to heal! It just melts my heart when he rests his head against the cage near the end. Such a personality this bird!

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
He makes the cutest noises. :xflove: