• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hoping hopefully!

Bramstedt

Moving in
Real Name
Brian
New here. Had a wonderful blue and gold macaw, Betty. Raised her from a tiny chick and she lived a lovely life with my daughter and me. Never a dull moment. As I am a college professor, she was instrumental in grading exams and I surely spent a lot of time editing research articles with the assistance of her keen sense of APA writing style and grammar. The laptop lost some keys. She was quite vocal! Most helpful. Sadly, moved to a new house and didn’t know the front door had a latch issue. As in, it pops open randomly unless slammed shut. You can see where this is going. Yep. Betty left. Search google “lawrenceville Ga macaw missing.” It’s cold out. She either is gone from natural causes or someone found her and she is hopefully being treated well (my hope). Life hasn’t been the same. I’m in Lawrenceville Georgia, near Atlanta. Am versed in what it takes to keep these little dinosaurs going (beyond a darned front door). Seeking a macaw or grey that needs a forever home and can help with exams. It’s just not the same anymore. 2020 is gone. 2021 please, let’s make it better. There are good rescue places locally. I’d like to help someone who needs their baby to find a loving home, ideally. Thanks. If anyone has a lead on Betty....ah! This would be incredible! Alas, don’t see that happening. Stay safe, wash your hands! 614B14E2-C0E9-4A9C-804E-DDB8C357B448.jpeg

Kassiani

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! And I'm really so sorry!

Some things you can still try are to contact local vets, or place a notice on Parrot Alert. If she had a leg band, don't publish that information, but it can be used to identify your Betty!

Good luck!!! I hope you find her!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm so sorry. I hope you can still find her. I have heard good things about Miss Vicki's Parrot Village in GA.

BirdWorld

Rollerblading along the road
Welcome to the avenue. I’m so sorry this happened to you. Hopefully you find Betty. She is beautiful :heart:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

I am so sorry to hear you lost Betty, I hope she has been found and is waiting for the finders to find you. How old was Betty when you lost her?

Bramstedt

Moving in
Real Name
Brian
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

I am so sorry to hear you lost Betty, I hope she has been found and is waiting for the finders to find you. How old was Betty when you lost her?
Thanks for the kind words. When she disappeared, she was about a year and a half. I retain hope, but, its been a while. There is no way she could survive these temps and if someone has her, they have not come forward. I scour the tri-state "macaw for sale" ads looking for someone who has her and wants to make money. Macaws are curious, as you know, in that their black markings are a bit like a fingerprint. My daughter and I compare pics and try to make a positive ID. Nothing yet. I share your hope. Thank you.

MisfitHouse

Strolling the yard
Real Name
ToriB
New here. Had a wonderful blue and gold macaw, Betty. Raised her from a tiny chick and she lived a lovely life with my daughter and me. Never a dull moment. As I am a college professor, she was instrumental in grading exams and I surely spent a lot of time editing research articles with the assistance of her keen sense of APA writing style and grammar. The laptop lost some keys. She was quite vocal! Most helpful. Sadly, moved to a new house and didn’t know the front door had a latch issue. As in, it pops open randomly unless slammed shut. You can see where this is going. Yep. Betty left. Search google “lawrenceville Ga macaw missing.” It’s cold out. She either is gone from natural causes or someone found her and she is hopefully being treated well (my hope). Life hasn’t been the same. I’m in Lawrenceville Georgia, near Atlanta. Am versed in what it takes to keep these little dinosaurs going (beyond a darned front door). Seeking a macaw or grey that needs a forever home and can help with exams. It’s just not the same anymore. 2020 is gone. 2021 please, let’s make it better. There are good rescue places locally. I’d like to help someone who needs their baby to find a loving home, ideally. Thanks. If anyone has a lead on Betty....ah! This would be incredible! Alas, don’t see that happening. Stay safe, wash your hands! View attachment 369092
Hi Brian,
It`s maybe a Longshot but someone in Jacksonville FL posted a found macaw like yours on Reddit:

https://www.reddit.com/r/parrots/comments/m82czc
Good luck finding Betty and what are you looking for in a new bird companion?

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
There is a bird sale in Lawrenceville GA next week, I believe it’s March 27 and 28. I was going to go but now I can’t.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
Thanks for the kind words. When she disappeared, she was about a year and a half. I retain hope, but, its been a while. There is no way she could survive these temps and if someone has her, they have not come forward. I scour the tri-state "macaw for sale" ads looking for someone who has her and wants to make money. Macaws are curious, as you know, in that their black markings are a bit like a fingerprint. My daughter and I compare pics and try to make a positive ID. Nothing yet. I share your hope. Thank you.
Please keep looking, checking AND HOPING... I once found a friends lost RN ... a full YEAR LATER! People had it for sale, and they fessed up... thank you Lord for honest people!

tka

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Hello from another college professor! I'm so sorry about Betty.

I hope that you find her, or, if that doesn't happen, that you can offer a soft place to land for another parrot. You're missing out on the unique experience of teaching online with a parrot in the background.

Bramstedt

Moving in
Real Name
Brian
Hello TKA. Happy to report that I did find a home (Mine) for a feisty Scarlett Macaw that needed a place to live. We are working on boundaries, but, she is so sweet. Betty will always be missed. My students now get the joy of random words being yelled interspersed with a shriek or two. She made a guest appearance which was well enjoyed.