• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Hopefully sprouts for dinner

triciakoontz

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Trish Koontz
Sunflower seeds in this blend so I mixed 50-50 with the micro grain blend they are crazy for it but too much fat

Awesome thread! BTW, fat content of sprouted seeds is much lower than unsprouted. From this study:

“The fat content of sprouted cowpea decreased significantly when compared to its unsprouted counterparts in all three genotypes. Decrease in fat content may be due to depletion of the fat stored that contributed to the catabolic activities of the seeds during sprouting (Onimawo and Asugo 2004). Kornberg and Beevers (1957).”

Sprouting is a great example of a miracle. All the good things increase and all the bad things decrease.

Sparkles!

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Do they enjoy extra sprouty sprouts? Mine love when the growth is a bit longer! They throw out all the beans though. I swear we could feed a country just on the beans we toss out onto the floor.

saroj12

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
saroj
Do they enjoy extra sprouty sprouts? Mine love when the growth is a bit longer! They throw out all the beans though. I swear we could feed a country just on the beans we toss out onto the floor.
I’m always in a rush to serve it lol. So i don’t know

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Perfect timing; I googled what felt like hundreds of sprouted seeds and got overwhelmed. Now I’ll just order Avian Organics. When in doubt, check out what the AA experts do : )

Last edited: