• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hope for a happy ending

Donna turner

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Donna
I love all my big windows for myself but I hate it that birds fly into them. I was having coffee when I heard a big thud and saw the bushes move as something fell through them. I rushed outside and got to a small woodpecker just before one of my cats got it ( another love hate relationship). I picked it up and held it in my hands to keep it safe and warm for awhile and when it began to struggle I decided to hide it in a bush away from the cats. It immediately flew away to a tall tree. I pray it will be alright.
It was so sweet and cute. Now I'm washing my hands in alcohol for germs it may have that cheeky may get.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Sounds like he's okay! :)

CrazyBirdChick

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Diane

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
Windows & cats...Yikes. I keep my windows dirty. It helps make them more visible to birds & I don't have anything to look out at anyway.

If the bird was able to fly away well that's a good sign. Hopefully they will rest & get there bearings a safe distance away & have no long term repercussions.