• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Homes for Them

Stevetomobs

Strolling the yard
Yes, I realize I probably should have posted this on Rehome Highway but even though I’ve been a member for a while many things still confuse me.

I will move it if necessary and please inform me if I am going against any of the guidelines by doing this.

Now as much anxiety as I have just writing this, I want you all to know I’m doing this with the best of intentions and no I’ll will toward any of my birds.

I will be posting this to see if anyone of you might live near my area and be willing to take them or help find good homes for them, or will be able to give advice me with this. Or any known places in my area to help.

I’ve had these guys for years now but they fear me with everything they are. I can’t help them. I’m still an inexperienced young learner and am focusing on just learning to get the ones I have in my room to trust me.

I suppose I should introduce all of this and just get this sad moment over with...

I’m wanting to rehome the six budgies I list below, I’m inexperienced in all of this and can’t do it well on my own.

I Stevetomobs am a minor. Live in Lake Jackson Texas.

Don’t worry it’s just the city and state, nothing too personal there.

I need to rehome the following budgies. Whether it be by some almost impossible chance you live by my area or know someone who does I would like help in this process. I’m am also seeing if anyone would be able to find a place near me that would be able to help with this.

7A0C4F5C-8C71-44FD-AD0E-E27482C5D357.jpeg

This is Lime. She had two siblings who have passed away under my care.

She has never had a mate before, and like the rest show no sign of ever trusting me.

Considering all she has been through I can only hope she can be put with other birds and become social.

C55E4868-E7A2-4600-A0F5-D8D3D6928A9D.jpeg
(Sorry for the blurry picture.)

483B607E-4CE8-4F47-8D91-C14ACDE94F8F.jpeg

These are Ice Cream, and Bluebell.

They are mates and have had two clutches in their life times.

They are the parents of Silver, Finch, R.R, and Sherbert.

My only wish is that if possible they be kept together as they are mates.

D7D9B5A9-7131-40BD-B88C-6CD469166E40.jpeg

This is TDM, he was the former mate of Greenbean, and if I remember correctly brother to Bluebell.

He is very social with other birds, and if a may add comically of course; Always looks like he’s a grumpy boy.

CB13D557-C5F4-4F75-8A0F-6902563C377F.jpeg

39EA4023-5350-4C70-B991-57F00C751AAD.jpeg
Here are Finch, and Silver.

Siblings and some of the children of Bluebell and Ice Cream.

If possible I would like them to be kept together as well considering they are siblings but if needed it doesn’t have to be like that.

Again I am doing this because I believe it is the best, I have already asked people I know and family if they were willing to take them and so far no luck.

I’m asking for help here before the option of taking them to a pet store. Please tell me if a I am breaking the guidelines by doing this or if the post needs to be moved.

Hope to find them amazing homes,

Stevetomobs.

Last edited by a moderator:

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
So sorry that you have decided to re-home your budgies. Hope you can find wonderful homes for them.
Be 100% positive that you want to do this.

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
I don’t want to be nosy and you certainly don’t have to explain yourself. But I wonder if you might want to keep one pair? Maybe just cutting down on your flock would help you. You seem so conscientious about their care.

Whatever you do, good luck. You are very strong to make this decision. It is a difficult thing. Been there.

:sadhug2:

Stevetomobs

Strolling the yard
I don’t want to be nosy and you certainly don’t have to explain yourself. But I wonder if you might want to keep one pair? Maybe just cutting down on your flock would help you. You seem so conscientious about their care.

Whatever you do, good luck. You are very strong to make this decision. It is a difficult thing. Been there.

:sadhug2:
Well I had ten, and now by rejoining these lil ones I’ll have 4 to learn from.

faislaq

I have macaws and don't post enough pictures
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Karen
You could try posting them on Rescueme.org I think it's a free adoption site.

Last edited by a moderator:

WendyN

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Wendy
I am sorry you have to rehome them. Wishing you luck in finding them a soft place to land.
:bighug: