• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Homeopet d stress for Pionus and others

Bluebird16

Checking out the neighborhood
Hello everyone

I am really at a desperate point. I have a white capped pionus, Lilly, who I’ve had for over 10 years. I have a GC conure, Kiwi, and his best friend Olive, a grey cockatiel.

every morning since I’ve had Lilly, it’s just chaos. She has extreme anxiety. She wants to be on me all the time which is not possible all the time but then if I put her down near me, like right next to me, she’ll start to scream, wiggle and pluck her feathers then fly around aimlessly, panicky. I’ve just had enough of it. I’ve taken her to the vet. They did blood work. Nothing is medically wrong. I know it’s mental. She plucks a lot. She has full flight & is not caged all the time & is hand trained. When I try to cage her, she freaks the hell out. Sometimes I have to put her inside and I leave the room because I can’t take it or have to work… I love her but I hate being home. I’m really stuck. I dont know any other bird owners and the vets are really expensive to keep going to for behaviour stuff.

i recently got Homeopet d-stress. I have no idea how to administer it. I read the instructions of course and it says to put 2 drops in 250ml of water. She’s never going to drink that much in a day. How do I do this??

For environment: we recently moved to another city and I know you’ll think it’s because of this but I’ve had her for a long time and can tell you that in the previous place where we were for 10 years she was also like this. Her behaviour hasn’t changed; not gotten worse or better. Just the same.

i dont know how I’ve put up with it for this long. I know it’s my fault. Maybe I should let her scream it out. I just want the noise to end, and the chaos to stop.

for Kiwi and Olive: they’re bonded together. They’re full flight, outside mostly and are not hand trained although I can pick Olive up with a stick and kiwi will sometimes come up on a flat hand. Im finding Olive hardest to deal with. For the past few days he’s been dive bombing me:flying to attack me. He’s never done this before! He hates to be touched but we had a little bond. He’d sit by my feet or sit next to me. I’m not allowed to move but this seemed to be our thing.I want to give him the Homeopet too but same issue. Will this hormonal behaviour end at a certain age? I’m stuck.. and it’s scary when he flies at me, screaming!

kiwi: I really want to get closer to him. I see he likes me but he bites randomly. How do I get the biting to stop?? He’ll chew my arm nicely and let me kiss him and pet him but then randomly bites so hard… I know they fake…

kiwi and Olive have been w me for about 1.5 years. I’m still learning them. They’re generally easier to handle than Lilly because they’re usually content being with each other. If they get bullying, I can easily lock them inside and they’re content playing and scratching each other.

i dont know if I’m the worst bird owner on the planet. I’m ready to do things differently if it means a better life with them. I used to work nonremotely before Covid so I thinkthe way I tolerated things before was by not needing to cuz I wasn’t home a lot. Now, I work from home and I can’t take it.

also, I’m very stuck on the idea of punishment. Can someone help me understand what kind of stuff I can do when they’re becoming too much to handle? Maybe I should give them more inside cage time? I get stuck because I humanize them andstsrt To feel so guilty…

pls suggest any books or videos…pls give me suggestions about the Homeopet too

3BADC484-06E0-44BF-8EAC-938E098464DC.jpeg
165B9737-FC3B-4F67-981F-AD4C650800B6.jpeg

scrape

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
:bump4:I myself have a plucker, I have not made progress, but I can understand. Listing as much information as you can will help other members get a better idea.
What is her diet like? She sounds really dependent on you.
When mine are too much to handle I bribe them in their cage and take walk. Or give them something entertaining while I relax to some music. I set my Too in his cage for a few minutes if he is misbehaving, but usually a firm "no" gets my point across. A shower is a nice, calming distraction, but it shouldn't be used in a negative way.