• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Homemade Perches and toys

Budgiebonkers

aka Pandapaws23
Avenue Veteran
Made some perches out of maple branches well one branch cut in two then I cut smaller rings to make toys havent gotten to making them yet but heres my quaker on my perch I made two,anyone know where to get more of the metal that goes into the perch its two different threads to it 23A1D911-84FF-46BF-9D4F-2E1FEB0C1D33.jpeg 84375E21-3E8A-44FF-88EA-8459F2F9D72D.jpeg 287689F2-ABB7-46C8-8372-59B45F2C7823.jpeg

D

Deleted member 29421

They are called dowel screws and nearly all hardware stores sell them. I get them at Ace hardware. Lowes and Home Depot also have them

Fergus Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Great perch and toys Budgiebonkers! I always wondered what those metal end pieces are called - thank you @Grackle ! Now if I can just remember. "Dowel screws, dowel screws"... makes sense.

FlyingMacaws

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Naomi
Here are a few of my “chewables” the big blocks I drill holes just big enough that your treat is “snug” in the hole. That way my guys have to chew to get to their favorite treat.

Attachments

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
I was just going to say that the correct terminology is hanger bolt. It has a flat side and a screwed side that goes into the material you are putting it into. I highly suggest getting SS ones, they are kind of hard to find in the smaller sizes. If there's any interest in the smaller ones, I can offer them on my web site. Otherwise, Kathie Hahn of Mysafebirdstore sells them along with the washers and the wingnuts that go with them in the larger sizes.