• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Homemade kebabs advice?

Phocyn

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Laura
I want to make some homemade kebabs for the birds so I can put things like birdie bread, boiled egg, fruit, veggies, and other stuff on them but I don’t know what material is best? Wood just gives me the creeps cause mold and metal has a chance to rust. Maybe a hard plastic? Or something disposable?

I want these for afternoon times or when I need to clean dishes, toys, cages, or just for a play stand.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Get SS ones, you won´t regret it!

Love mine so much! I have the ones like Shawna sells with the clear ball on, but mine are straight. The twisy ones look really cool though!!!;
TNT bird toys sells the straight ones, but I´m unable to find the link @jmfleish

And I also have this little one - it´s for a foot toy for larger bird, but it´s great to put food on for smaller birds;

Edit; I also have one of these Trixie skewers, it´s smaller and I had to change the clip on it. I prefer the other skewers but this is a cheaper option;
(You´ll have to dig around the internet to find a link for your country on that one)

Last edited:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Stainless steel for sure :)

I also have a smaller straight one:

CA Bird Nerds also has a few: Welcome to cabirdnerds.com -

And this one from Jan is one of my favorites!

I've had terrible luck on Amazon or eBay getting ones that don't have suspect materials. One time I had one came with a brass cap! So I tend to stick to what I know now.