• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Home for my Caique (SoCal)

Tjmania

Checking out the neighborhood
I’ve had Milo for about a year and a half now— he’s the sweetest, goofiest bird in the world. I love him so much! The problem is that my husband and I have really hectic schedules, and we’ve been trying to make it work for the past year but unfortunately Milo needs more attention than what we can give to him. I’ve never used this site before, just trying to explore options of where I can find someone to take good care of him. So if you guys have any advice on other places I can post this too, that would be great! Thank you!!

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sorry that you are considering re-homing Milo. What types of things have you done to try to make things better for him? Toys, leaving the TV or radio on, spending time with him when you are home, etc??

Tjmania

Checking out the neighborhood
Sorry that you are considering re-homing Milo. What types of things have you done to try to make things better for him? Toys, leaving the TV or radio on, spending time with him when you are home, etc??
His cage is full of toys. We play with him around 2 hours a day, and other people are home while we are not. He is in the living room though— and if we are in any other room he starts screaming for our attention! If his cage was in the main family room he wouldn’t scream but unfortunately due to space (and other things) we can’t keep the cage in there. :/

Rain Bow

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
His cage is full of toys. We play with him around 2 hours a day, and other people are home while we are not. He is in the living room though— and if we are in any other room he starts screaming for our attention! If his cage was in the main family room he wouldn’t scream but unfortunately due to space (and other things) we can’t keep the cage in there. :/
What about a stand? He wants to be able to see his person (s), which is why the yelling & screaming is happening... Even a small tabletop stand in the hall or doorway area may help.

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
By any chance have you contacted someone such as Lara Joseph, Barbara Heidenreich or Susan Friedman?

Have you taught independent play at all? Or foraging activities?

If you *really* don't want to give him up, just wanting to know if you have exhausted all possibilities first! :)