• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Home available

Glamourfaust

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
We are looking to adopt a small to medium sized parrot. Parrot cage will be moved around the house depending on where the activity is and time of day but will spend most of the time in my office, where the cage door can be opened for curious the bird to come out and explore. I would love some company while I'm working in there, but speech and cuddliness are not factors for me. Age however is - I do not want a baby or adolescent.

We currently have a fair sized cage (30x30x36) and I would buy a wooden floor perch if I had a bird that liked to explore outside of the cage.

There is an avian vet not too far from here that we would utilize for check ups and any health problems.

Currently in our house, we have myself, two teenagers, three dogs, a canary and a bearded dragon. I work long days 2 or 3 days a week, but the teenagers are home 24/7. My son homeschools even when it is not a pandemic so there is always someone home.

Looking in SW Ontario.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew

Aves

Rollerblading along the road
Is there a rescue somewhere by you?

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Have you checked with any rescues in your area? There are always so many birds in need of a good home.

Pistachio

Meeting neighbors
You can go to petfinder.com and and type in your city. You should be able to find lots of adult rescue birds there.:)

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Farfah

Walking the driveway
Hi, I am in Toronto and I rehomed two budgies that I found off Kijiji. I know Kijiji is not the place to buy birds but it's a little different with rehomes. I find a lot of people bought pandemic pets and don't know how to responsibly give them up.

Your best bet is still a rescue but try different places. Hope your bird finds you soon :)

Glamourfaust

Meeting neighbors
Avenue Veteran
I am following two local-ish rescues on Facebook. They have fewer birds than I expected. There is currently a 15 yo gcc that I am going to apply for. It's a lovely system. The current family gets to choose amongst all the applications. It seems that there are usually several for each bird.

Any tips on travelling with birds in these frigid temps?

Kiwi & Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Any tips on travelling with birds in these frigid temps?
Make sure to bring some kind of thick blanket to keep warm during walks between the car and house, and always warm up the car before you bring the bird in.

Farfah

Walking the driveway
When I got my budgies, we made sure the car was good and warm. Then we bundled up the cage with blankets and a plastic tarp to make it wind proof to move it from the house to the car. Once in the car, we made sure they were getting enough air with all the covers on. It's really not ideal so if you can find a warmer day to travel or even wait till Spring, it will help.

One of my birds was all fluffed up for two days after the move - I think it was related to the cold but he might have just been recovering from the change of environment.