• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holy Crap!

Status
Not open for further replies.

andor

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Harrison's "fine" sure is fine!

My quaker and Conure won't even eat the Zupreme Cockateil size (which is twice the size of this...). Jude's sampling it from a dish with nothing else in it, but it would get lost with Kathie's non-pelleted blends =\

Course looks like it is too big. Why is there no in between size? =\

Coco's Momma

Real Name
Robin
Harrison's actually has a super-fine! It goes from mash to super fine to fine to coarse. I too have wondered why the big jump from fine to coarse. My budgies (and tiel when he was with me) prefer super fine, but will eat fine if that's all they are served. My parrot will eat anything Harrison's, even the mash and the super fine. I am a huge Harrison's fan, but have always wondered why the big size jump from fine to coarse.

mrstweet

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Amanda
Yeah, my birds don't much like Harrison's. It's huge and the dust of the fine is just wasted.

Annamacaw

Rescue Rep
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
When I bought the Harrison's fine, I had the same reaction.... and the birds could not eat it so fine....

I used it in their Birdie bread... added a cup or so of the Harrison's fine to each batch of birdie bread until it was gone..... this way, it didn't go to waste and they still got the good nutrition!

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
Size comparison of all of the pellets I have in my house right now. Hope it helps someone else!!

IMG_1002.jpg

I think TOPs is the best size for our flock, but Jude doesn't have any interest in eating those (typically Jude will eat anything....). He's eating the tiny Harrison's (Sookie & Oscar will never eat it that small though).

andor

Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Matt
When I bought the Harrison's fine, I had the same reaction.... and the birds could not eat it so fine....

I used it in their Birdie bread... added a cup or so of the Harrison's fine to each batch of birdie bread until it was gone..... this way, it didn't go to waste and they still got the good nutrition!
The birdie bread is an excellent idea.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
My cockatiels eat the Harrisons Fine. I do not use the superfine at all. Sunshine Senegal likes Coarse and will not eat more than a mouth or two of Fine. Trixie Meyers prefers the Fine but will eat Coarse if that is all that is out. The Amazons and CAG do Coarse only. I have trying to ge them to try TOPS, but they keep refusing to taste it; so I guess it's into the birdie bread it goes.

itzmered

Welcome to Parrotdise
Super Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Chris
A rep from Harrisons is a member here but hasnt posted in quite awhile. We have asked several times for them to offer a medium size pellet. Email them and send your opinions. Maybe if enough do they will start offering it.

Status
Not open for further replies.