• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holistic anti inflammatory?

Natalia Hook

Checking out the neighborhood
Hi friends--

Not a parrot per se, but avian still! My little society finch Munchie has been treated for torticullis w meloxicam and enro. It resolved, then returned 3 wks later. Bloodwork showed no infection or abnormalities, 2nd course of meloxicam got the head tilt almost entirely gone. Vet has reduced the dose for maint UFN, but I would rather not continue due to kidney and liver damage long term melox causes. Anyone have any insights for head related inflammation and holistic treatment? Milk thistle is really only for g.i. stuff. My bird contacts came up w nothing so far, hoping someone has some experience and can help me out. :)

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Nutriberries makes a senior formula with stuff that does help with arthritis (anti inflammatory) Senior Bird Pet Bird Food – Lafeber Company

Other foods and spices that help with arthritis and inflammation are those high in Omega 3s, plus soybeans, tofu, ginger, cinammon, cayenne, turmeric, cherries,walnuts, chia seeds, flaxseeds.

Brittany0208

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award