• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Holiday Glasses are HERE!! Orders being taken for a limited time! Special Discounts for AA Members!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailsoflove

Sprinting down the street
Real Name
Dawn
Holiday Glasses Are Here!!!Get your Holiday Shopping Done Early!!
I am currently taking orders for Holiday glasses. Due to the high demand and holiday work load, I will be accepting orders ONLY through October 31 for guaranteed delivery by Christmas. Orders will be taken, and will be completed and shipped (no later than) the week of 11/29. I have samples of a few glasses below and on my site. Holiday glasses can be done with any species and not limited to what is shown in the samples and can also be done on any style glass (drinking, pilsner, mug) and Holiday themed parrots can also be painted onto bowls or jars. Any of the pieces can be personalized at no charge.
I have also added additional samples of my regular bowls below and on my site. If you would like to place an order you can do so through my site or you can email me directly at dawnscustomdesigns@comcast.net.

*******All AA members will recieve a 10% discount on orders placed through October*********** Please enter "AA" as the coupon code.

Daisy's Mom

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Tiffany
Re: Holiday Glasses are HERE!! Orders being taken for a limited time! Special Discounts for AA Membe

Oh they are sooo pretty! :)

GG.

Enjoy the small things
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
GG
Re: Holiday Glasses are HERE!! Orders being taken for a limited time! Special Discounts for AA Membe

those are magnificent Dawn!!

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

I really like those bowls. What kind of things do you paint? Just wine glasses and bowls, or can you paint any glass?

Thugluvgrl187

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Miriam

Those are awesome!!

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Oh Dawn they are beautiful!! How does the painting hold up to handwashing? I have had handpainted glasses before and the paint eventually starts coming off.

tailsoflove

Real Name
Dawn

I can paint any type of glass; I do pilsners, beer mugs, coffee mugs, drinking glasses, carafes, sugar bowls, containers, storage/treat jars (with lids), large bowls, salad bowls, etc.. Just about anything glass!! Let me know if you need any further information on anything.

I really like those bowls. What kind of things do you paint? Just wine glasses and bowls, or can you paint any glass?

tailsoflove

Real Name
Dawn

Hi Pat. The paint holds up very well to handwashing. I use a special enamel glass paint which is air cured for several days and then heat cured. The paint I use is said to be dishwasher safe by the manufacturer but I always reccomend hand washing to preserve the quality of the paint. A normal dish soap and warm water will not affect the paint whatsoever.

Also, alot of glassware that appears to be "hand" painted is actually a decal that has been placed onto the surface by a person or a machine. These types of decals will not last due to them being adhered to the surface with a solvent and then having a layer of very thin vinyl over it. When the paint is touching the glass directly it creates a seal and bonds to the surface differently than the decals and there is no adhesive to break down.

Let me know if you have any further questions. Thanks.

Oh Dawn they are beautiful!! How does the painting hold up to handwashing? I have had handpainted glasses before and the paint eventually starts coming off.

Last edited:

allison

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Allison

I can paint any type of glass; I do pilsners, beer mugs, coffee mugs, drinking glasses, carafes, sugar bowls, containers, storage/treat jars (with lids), large bowls, salad bowls, etc.. Just about anything glass!! Let me know if you need any further information on anything.
Do you have a picture of the treat jars? That would be really neat. How much are they? Feel free to PM me also. :)
Edit: Nevermind, just saw your website! LOL
http://www.dawnscustomdesigns.com/Hand-Painted-StorageTreat-Jar-with-your-choice-of-pet_p_20.html
I really like those, can you do a different picture on each side?

birdlvr466

Hit the Road
Real Name
Pat

Thank you so much for the explaination. I will be in touch!

tailsoflove

Real Name
Dawn

Allison,
I sent a PM on this, but just wanted to post that Yes, I can do a different bird on each side of the jar and I offer different types of jars (screw off lids, air tight/gasket type lids and lift off glass lids) as well as various size jars.

Thanks,
Dawn

Do you have a picture of the treat jars? That would be really neat. How much are they? Feel free to PM me also. :)
Edit: Nevermind, just saw your website! LOL
Hand Painted Storage/Treat Jar with your choice of pet
I really like those, can you do a different picture on each side?

waterfaller1

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
carole

Those are awesome!
I like the doggy treat jars. Can you put our dog and his name on it, if you have a photo? Do you also have coffee mugs?

Last edited:

Jan

Stainless Bird Toys @ Blu's Bird Toys
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Jan

I love your detail on the parrots, you paint showing pretty close if not exact on a parrot's true colors. Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.