• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

911 Hit to wall, cere injury.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
Neo, he hits a wall, and I saw light cut on his cere, I will take him to a vet in the morning, but so I'm worried about his present nose condition. He looks fine, eating good and his sounds are good like daily, this was his first time out of his Cage, he was normal at beginning, played with other birds, don't know why and what was happened to him, he flew and hit a wall, he did same thing again and hit to a wall, I get him back to the cage very next moment. Can pls anyone suggest me anything needed to the situation.

Attachments

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
It's good you're taking him to a vet - concussion can kill.
All you can do is keep him calm, and maybe a smaller cage would help with that. Keep a watch on him.

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
It's good you're taking him to a vet - concussion can kill.
All you can do is keep him calm, and maybe a smaller cage would help with that. Keep a watch on him.
Thanks alot for replying.. I have observed him for 3hrs, he's sleeping now, he was quite normal, he's playing like everyday he does. I will add video clips of him. Sorry for the video clarity, video quality reduced once I uploaded the video. Thanks alot Ripshod, you have helped me alltime whenever I have posted a post. So kind of you.. ❤❤First thing in the morning, I will take him to a vet.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I hope he's okay. He looks alert, etc in the videos which is good. My first tiel took a couple nasty crashes when I first got him. So I know how scary it can be.

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
@Maddys - How did it go at the vet? Is he okay? He's sure a cutie!

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
Yes, he's perfectly alright:) thankyou for asking ❤.. vet said it was a very light cut, no need of any medications. He's awesome.
How wonderful! How old is little Neo?

Maddys

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Nagarjuna
How wonderful! How old is little Neo?
It's been 4months having him, the pet shop guy said his age as 6months old. But I think he's at his 10th month,. I'm not perfect in calculating age of any budgie.

Dartman

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Terry
Your fine, We can read what you mean to say just fine.