• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

His first time singing!

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
So excited! Officially Merlin's two week anniversary in his new home-- today I was off work and spent the whole day with him. We shredded some toilet paper, moved his toys around, and he was visibly happy to be able to come in and out of his cage. He LOVES the bottle brush perches I picked up (the first thing he's chewed, even though he is very delicate with everything so far) and even spent a little time exploring his grapevine play tree. At one point he scared me half to death by helicoptering around the room and almost landing in a plate of beef and veggies. I put out my hand to offer a landing, but he doesn't have all of his primaries in, so he pivoted and I accidentally poked him in the side, midair. :sad11: Turns out it spooked me more than him! :hilarious:

Around 11AM his squaking sound started to tentatively turn into other sounds, and I managed to get a little bit of him singing!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
He's cute & I like his stand. :)

Sodapop&Co.

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Ehhhhh!! somebirdy found his voice!! :heart2: Look at that confidence. My favourite thing about budgies - they sing their joy for the entire world to enjoy. When they feel happy and comfortable they sing to spread it to everyone around them. <3 Such wonderful creatures.