• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hiram

Status
Not open for further replies.

marian

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Several months ago I ran into some hard times and thought I would have to find Hiram another home.The more I thought about it I knew I just couldnt do it.I've had hiram for over 20 years.He came into a friends petshop all those years ago along with 3 other large parrots.A man had them but could not keep them any longer.He wanted my friend to find them all good homes.Well I must confess,I first thought about the Blue and Gold that had come in.But he didnt want anything to do with me.He quickly found a home with a man who visited the shop regularly.Hiram came in with a brother a yellow nape amazon called Oedipus they would sing opera and doing silly antics together.Oedipus found a home with an older couple.That left hiram and the umbrella cockatoo... she went very very quickly also.Every morning I would open the shop and help out .Every morning Hiram would greet with his hello's and little kisses.He would scoot down from his play area and follow me around the shop...mumbling and saying things... as he followed me.Every single day I tried to convince myself I didnt need Hiram.My friend Pat would laugh and say," you know.... I think he wants to go home with you." I just ignored all that was being said...one day i was sitting in the office...and i hear " tic tic tic tic" down the tile floor in the hallway...and into the office comes hiram and climbs into my lap. Pat just looks at me and said,"how much more does he have to do?"I just laughed and that was the day Hiram came home with me.If you ever truely wonder if parrots pick the person they want to be with...well he did.
He's been with me in the happiest and most trying times in my life.You know...
i couldnt imagine a day without him in them.

Last edited:

birdlover82

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Susan
Aww. What a sweet story of how you came about having Hiram. So glad you were able to work things out to keep him. He knew who he wanted to be with.:)

Gen120

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Victoria :)
aww, I am so glad that you reconsidered your circumstances and chose to keep him! He is very cute, and I am sure that he chose you to be his owner. That is the same way Sammy was, she chose to be mine and there was no way around it, hehe!

suncoast

Cruising the avenue
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ginger
He is a precious, precious fid.

Ginger

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
that made me cry....I am so happy he is still in your life dear

Bahama's Momma

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Shauna Hill
:D WELCOME! Hiram is one handsome guy and he sure seemed to pick you out as his companion. I sure enoyed hearing about how he entered you life and that you have been able to stay together.

Brigidt36

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Brigid Thompson
What a handsome fellow he is!

magni

Hit the Road
Real Name
Denise
Oh he is so cute:hug8:

Wasabisaurus

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Oh my! What a nice story. He certainly is an awesome boy! My hearts always flutters a little bit when I see another DYA. :heart:

pineview01

Rollerblading along the road
I'm so glad you can keep him. It would be so sad if you had to rehome him after 20 years. Your story made me teary eyed.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
He is very handsome!

Matt

Status