• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Video Hip Hop Dressage

hockeymomwood

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Ellen
Is he really dancing or has it been doctored? I am very gullible. :depressed:

suileeka

Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lindsay

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Yes, I have always loved her! I was so said when she passed. She truly was magical to watch! :heart: :heart:

SunUp

Avenue Veteran
Actually, I remembered after I posted...I think I blocked it out. So sad she's gone - as you say Judy, she was "magical"!

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Oh that is so sad! :( I wasn't sure how old the clip was. She was pretty special!

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
absolutely amazing...and I read that the link between owner and horse is incredibly special..all that is gotten through LOVE.. there are frequent horse shoes etc in Calgary every year and I attended many when I was much younger. I will never forget going to a show where a pure white horse came out with a young girl as the rider...My mouth was open for the entire "dance" and the audience was on their feet at the end. Later I was able to go into the stables and that young girl was nuzzling and kissing her horse and he was kissing right back..it just warmed my heart.

DQTimnehs

Ri-DQ-lously crazy 4 TAGs!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jennifer
Yes I went to Spruce Meadows when I lived in Calgary too. It was so nice to have it right in the city.

Laurul Feather Cat

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Lois
Horse and rider as one, the dance a tribute to the link between them, and the performance and magic of the show a sublime statement of how man and non-human animal can link and blend and soar to new heights.

Just because the horse is now gone, it does not mar the magic she and her rider produced during those performances; nor does the accident that caused her injury initially or the one who broke her leg take anything from the memory and excellence of her time in the spotlight. The performance teases us with what can be again if we work at it, if we bond with a non-human animal and learn from them as well as teach them. We are all living on the same Earth and we all must care for one another as well as we would ourselves or surely all of us will cease to exist.