• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

HIII...advice.?

Gracegrace

Moving in
Real Name
Grace Davis Awad
Hi!
My name is Grace. I am currently looking for a cockatiel or a bird around that size. I have had budgies and my cockatiel passed away and i only had her for a short period of time. I do have knowledge about parrots so im a bit experienced. I have been looking,reading and responding to people on these forums. I am home almost all the time and only leave on occasion. I will have school soon and will leave early and come home at like 3. On weekends i will almost always be home. I am looking for a companion. I have been lonely and in need for a loving companion I do have a family so i do not need anything always aggressive because of children. I am used to messiness so that's not a problem. I am wondering what type of parrot would be good for me..genders and all? I already have pellets for cockatiel sized birds,toys and a cage. Any recommendations?

Reactions: Ali

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
bump

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Hi!
My name is Grace. I am currently looking for a cockatiel or a bird around that size. I have had budgies and my cockatiel passed away and i only had her for a short period of time. I do have knowledge about parrots so im a bit experienced. I have been looking,reading and responding to people on these forums. I am home almost all the time and only leave on occasion. I will have school soon and will leave early and come home at like 3. On weekends i will almost always be home. I am looking for a companion. I have been lonely and in need for a loving companion I do have a family so i do not need anything always aggressive because of children. I am used to messiness so that's not a problem. I am wondering what type of parrot would be good for me..genders and all? I already have pellets for cockatiel sized birds,toys and a cage. Any recommendations?
Hello, and welcome to the Avenue!

How big is the cage you have?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Grace! :starshower1:

Mizzely

Lil Monsters Bird Toys
Super Moderator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Shawna [she/her]
Yes if you're hoping to reuse the cage, knowing the dimensions will help. :)

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Have you lined up an avian vet yet?

Gracegrace

Moving in
Real Name
Grace Davis Awad
Hi everyone!
Thanks for the welcome messages! I don't know the exact measurements of the cage but its around 30"L x 18"W x 64"H..the height includes the stand which i do not have ..the bar spacing its kinda big so i don't want to get a very small bird (budgie sized). And i do have a local vet lined up that's taking on more small-medium sized parrots at the moment.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

fashionfobie

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natalie
Dear Grace,
I am so sorry to read of the loss of your cockatiel in the other thread. I am so sorry your vet was closed :sorrow:

Warmest regards,
~Natalie

Trigger warning ------------------------------- Only continue reading if you are up to it-------------------------

Was it the same bird as mentioned in this thread that passed?
I remembered this thread and I was wondering if there was a connection between the two cockatiels. My hope is we can help you, perhaps there is a problem with something in the environment, teflon or perfums or something. I know you are hurting right now so don't reply if you aren't ready to deal with these ideas yet.