• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hiho *sorry been away for a while*

MrEggJnr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lee
Hiho everybody, Sorry I haven't been as active. Life kinda took the reins and stuff and things happened

little update on Kumo and Yuki my two budgies... Kumo has been, well Kumo lol. Very active, energetic, playful and just a little fuzzball I love to bits.

Yuki gave me and the BF a scare she was recently sick with what I will call... The bird cold. I have never had budgies before and one getting sick was a nightmare. She had problems breathing, you could hear her ''weezing'' and was sneezing a whole lot. I took her to a vet two towns over and my goodness this vet was not what I thought. He didn't tell us what it could be, was very scared of her (he didn't want to get bit) and ended up giving us some kinda of mix of drops and things that we could either put in their water OR force it in her beak. I didn't like either option and the forcing her to drink was just a big nono for me as she would just ''spit'' it out again. I saw @Ali had left a message on my timeline and told her what was up. My BF had been looking for an avian vet since we left the first one we had gone to, Why I didn't just take her to an actual avian vet is still baffling and annoying. My BF who was more worried than me found one just A TOWN AWAY! We went the next day and by goodness I felt so much more comfortable with him. They way he handled Yuki and the way he was explaining everything to as and asking about her diet, the humidity, where they are located in the house, was just...amazing. He gave her a shot of antibiotics and something to help with breathing and within 2 days of going to him Yuki was going back to her old self.

Anywho here's a vid of them Finally leaving their cage, it's about a month old and they have gotten a lot more used to getting out and about. Now to regain the trust I lost with Yuki as I did have to get her into her travel cage. twice.... and that was not easy or pleasant for either of us.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I´m glad you found a good vet and that Yuki is back to her usual self! :bliss:

I recently changed my dogs vet after the staff changed and the new woman was scared of him. Can´t have that, it is not helpful.

Cute video, maybe they would enjoy some external perches on the cage around the doorway? :)

MrEggJnr

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Lee
Cute video, maybe they would enjoy some external perches on the cage around the doorway? :)
I have been thinking that too so I have to order some online as we don't really have any pet-stores or bird related stores in my town. At least none that I know of?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I have been thinking that too so I have to order some online as we don't really have any pet-stores or bird related stores in my town. At least none that I know of?
Zooplus is good for Y perches and cotton perches/boings. Good price and quick shipping ;)

I don´t have many shops near me either, most only sell dowels or those silly plastic things. The chain stores sell the same I get from Zooplus but double or triple the price.

I just went to see about parrotshop as it´s German... some really cool perches here!

Love this;

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
I'm glad Yuki is better. :)