• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi!

ClumsyUzi

Hit the Road
Real Name
Uzair Shahid
Hi!
I have a pet cockatiel and plan to get a lovebird In the next few days. But the main problem is that my dad is planning to get an African grey parrot after a few months when the temperature stops. My main question is that can an African grey parrot live with these small birds?

milliebird

Strolling the yard
Real Name
Evie
will they be in the same room together?

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Welcome to Avian Avenue! I don't think it would be a good idea to share out times due to the beak and size difference but overall I would be more worried about dust from the African grey and cockatiel affecting the lovebirds respiratory system I am not super versed in new world vs old world parrots though so I will tag @Hankmacaw who I believe knows a lot about it?

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! If they are in their own cages then they can be in the same room, however you do have to be careful as the African grey can cause serious harm to a lovebird or cockatiel. You also will need to be careful that your smaller birds do not land on your African grey's cage as they can have their toes/feet bitten.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Uzair! :starshower1:

I would be more worried about dust from the African grey and cockatiel affecting the lovebirds respiratory system I am not super versed in new world vs old world parrots
Lovebirds are old world parrots ;)

Beak size, as mentioned above, is the main concern with these species all interacting. The lovebird would have no fear attacking the African grey, and just one bite back would be fatal. Housed in the same room would be ok.

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome! You actually have to be careful with your tiel too if you get a lovebird. Although small, lovebirds are more aggressive than tiels. I know a woman whose lovie almost bit her tiel's toe completely off- and her tiel was in his cage! The lovie bit the toe through the bars. And yes, you would also have to be careful with a Grey because of the size difference. I have a cockatoo and tiels. So you can have mixed sized. I just don't let them out of the cage at the same time.

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome

Yoshi&Raphi

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Raphi
Welcome to the Avenue Uzair! :starshower1:

Lovebirds are old world parrots ;)

Beak size, as mentioned above, is the main concern with these species all interacting. The lovebird would have no fear attacking the African grey, and just one bite back would be fatal. Housed in the same room would be ok.
Thank you :D I wasn't sure.