• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi I'm new to the forum

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:greet13:hi!
You must be so excited!!
Sprouts. Cooked sweet potatoes are much loved here!
Soak and cooked legumes . Occasionally some boiled ( even a little of the boiled shell) or scrambled egg .
Aa mentioned peppers! Even hot ones! Great source of vitamin A. Swiss shard is also well received by my flock.

When you find your breeder yiu might ask if they will/ do work on harness training with the babies. It's sooooo much easier to train babies with a lifetime pay off..even if they charge a little extra fir thst service. Its also great to talk with them and see if they let the babies fledged naturally and learn to fly ( inside) rather than clipping them.

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
:hello: Welcome to the Avenue

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Iris! 1.welcome signs.gif

iris833

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Iris
:greet13:hi!
You must be so excited!!
Sprouts. Cooked sweet potatoes are much loved here!
Soak and cooked legumes . Occasionally some boiled ( even a little of the boiled shell) or scrambled egg .
Aa mentioned peppers! Even hot ones! Great source of vitamin A. Swiss shard is also well received by my flock.

When you find your breeder yiu might ask if they will/ do work on harness training with the babies. It's sooooo much easier to train babies with a lifetime pay off..even if they charge a little extra fir thst service. Its also great to talk with them and see if they let the babies fledged naturally and learn to fly ( inside) rather than clipping them.
I am very excited but I couldn't find many breeders in the usa for white capped pionus or maxillian pionus I found two breeders so far and one of them is probably where I going to get my new baby from because they've been nice and answering all of my questions the other breeder asked me if I was ready to buy and I said no I'm still in the research phase of it and he said that I was wasting his time

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Welcome iris such a pretty name my daughters called iris :heart:

I would definitely go with other one if he hasn’t got time to help you research or prepare for one of his babies I wouldn’t have time for him or a great trust in his care I would be worried he was more bothered about money than parrot cares

can’t wait to see pictures of your new baby

if you have any questions I am sure someone on here will be able to help you

Reactions: tka

iris833

Sitting on the front steps
Real Name
Iris
Welcome iris such a pretty name my daughters called iris :heart:

I would definitely go with other one if he hasn’t got time to help you research or prepare for one of his babies I wouldn’t have time for him or a great trust in his care I would be worried he was more bothered about money than parrot cares

can’t wait to see pictures of your new baby

if you have any questions I am sure someone on here will be able to help you
Yeah I'm talking to the nicer breeder rn he wants $1780 for a white capped pionus and he's willing to talk to me about the care he doesn't clip their wings so that's a plus

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
Yeah I'm talking to the nicer breeder rn he wants $1780 for a white capped pionus and he's willing to talk to me about the care he doesn't clip their wings so that's a plus
Good glad you have found a breeder you trust

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome! I'm not sure that pionus can be in the same household as pigeons due to the dust, so you may have to choose. Something to consider before purchase. @tka

Tyrion

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

FiatLux

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Isabelle (she/her)
Hi. I have a pigeon (not sure where you are but check out Palomacy.org for pigeon rescues) and a green cheek conure. Pigeons give off a lot of dust and speckles. I had to invest in a high capacity air filter that stays on 24/7 and they sleep in cages in different areas of the house. You could keep an outdoor aviary for the pigeon if you have that option and not enough space indoors but then you’d likely want to keep a pair of pigeons do s/he is not lonely as pigeons are -as I’m sure you know-highly social and intelligent. A bronze winged pionus is my impossible dream bird so I’m wishing you all the best!