• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi I'm New Here & Registered to Get Some Advice

Truffles

Checking out the neighborhood
Would it be safe for me to use sugar soap (or soda crystals) to clean/wash walls with my pet green cheeky conure in the same room? I intend on painting the walls with odourless paint.

Pixiebeak

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Laura
:greet13:hi!
Welcome!
No help on your questions but wanted to say hi!

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
:welcomegroup:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Is your odourless paint VOC free? It may be odourless but still have VOC's which are not safe.

I would not use sugar soap in the room my bird is in either.

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome.

I have no idea what sugar soap is. If it smells? I wouldn't.

If you're worried about your wall because of the bird, just hang a shower liner against the wall.

owlsthetic

Jogging around the block
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome.

I have no idea what sugar soap is. If it smells? I wouldn't.

If you're worried about your wall because of the bird, just hang a shower liner against the wall.
I think it's more commonly known as TSP in NA? It removes grease, stains and paints. My Dad used it before to clean our kitchen cabinets

I've seen those products being referred to as both TSP and sugar soap in stores here

I'm mostly concerned because my Dad had to make sure to wear gloves and protective layers when he was working with the stuff. I think it irritates your skin if you come into contact

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif

Clueless

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
I think it's more commonly known as TSP in NA? It removes grease, stains and paints. My Dad used it before to clean our kitchen cabinets

I've seen those products being referred to as both TSP and sugar soap in stores here

I'm mostly concerned because my Dad had to make sure to wear gloves and protective layers when he was working with the stuff. I think it irritates your skin if you come into contact
Doesn't sound good for humans either!

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
:welcomesign:

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez

Sugar soap does not remove paint, it cleans it back to being nothing but paint and ready to re paint over what is there already. It is very alkaline and dries your skin out horribly if you do not wear protective gear- it is also a nightmare if you splash it in your eyes and do not rinse it out well fast.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Sugar soap is a generic term with a lot of diferent brands no doubt with all having different concotions , i remember my brother back in the day doing his apprenticeship to become a painter and they used to use sugar soap to strip paint from steel fences,

If you want to clean your walls then maybe make your own solution from citrus fruits, they are exceptionally good as removing grease and dirt.