• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi I'm Birdma.

BirdMa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Carol
Hi yall. I'm new to the forum. I joined because I lost my Senegal of 21 years a few years back. I'm ready for a new bird (heavily leaning towards a mini macaw) and unable to locate reputable breeders. And I want to know if this is a good transition for me to a larger pet. It seems like the perfect bird for me with the research I've done. Leaning towards a Hahns. I'm early-retiring in a few weeks and will have loads of time to spend with my new baby. I'm hoping someone might know a reputable breeder in the Oklahoma/Texas/Arkansas/Kansas area that they could recommend. Every place I've checked out and there have been a BUNCH have been scams. No money has changed hands luckily. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I look forward to participating in the chats here. Looks like a great forum.

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
@BrianB might know or have some. He's a breeder.

Also, welcome!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Welcome to the Avenue Carol! 1.welcome signs.gif

Sorry to hear of your senegals passing. Good luck on your search for a mini macaw.

BrianB

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome aboard. It's a great place. I breed bigger macaws, greenwings, and harlequins. I also breed red-fronted macaws. They are one of my favorites. My breeding season is over for the year, even though my pair keeps trying to convince me otherwise. I'll have babies again in the late spring / early summer.

MommyBird

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Debbie
Hi yall. I'm new to the forum. I joined because I lost my Senegal of 21 years a few years back. I'm ready for a new bird (heavily leaning towards a mini macaw) and unable to locate reputable breeders. And I want to know if this is a good transition for me to a larger pet. It seems like the perfect bird for me with the research I've done. Leaning towards a Hahns. I'm early-retiring in a few weeks and will have loads of time to spend with my new baby. I'm hoping someone might know a reputable breeder in the Oklahoma/Texas/Arkansas/Kansas area that they could recommend. Every place I've checked out and there have been a BUNCH have been scams. No money has changed hands luckily. Anyway, thanks in advance for any help you guys can provide. I look forward to participating in the chats here. Looks like a great forum.
I have my Hahns 17 years now. The breeder in Colorado where I got him is very reputable and still breeding them. Avalon Aviary
Hahns can be very nippy so be sure that is OK with you.
Edit to add - The Gabriel Foundation in Colorado has often had Hansies for adoption so they are worth checking too..

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

@expressmailtome might be able to name a few breeders.

Have you considered a rescue in need of a home?

Icey

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
:hello:Welcome to the Avenue.
I hope someone here can help you in your search for a Hahn's macaw.

Rio&Friend

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Michelle Kevina A/P Manimaran
Welcome to the Avenue. :welcomeavenue:

Fergus Mom

Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elly
:welcome2: I hope you will find your perfect bird friend!

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome! I am sorry but I do not know of any breeders of that species in the states that you mentioned, but as @MommyBird said, Avalon Aviaries is highly respected and does ship.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
WELCOME to the Avenue!!! :cheer:

My very 1st large bird I bred is my baby pet Senegal... now in his 30's... Ricky.

Have you gone to 'visit' other birds so you know how well you get along w/ a particular species? Difficult to find more bird people, I know. Quite a few breeders in Las Vegas, NV and in AZ. And Chicago, IL. Good bird store in Rockford, IL... 'House of Birds'.
Put the word out in stores and vets-- good birds sometimes need different homes, due to circumstances.
Have fun in your search!

BirdMa

Checking out the neighborhood
Real Name
Carol
Thank you all for your responses. Its much appreciated! Onward and forward. I will definitely check out your suggestions. I'll let you know my final outcome.

Wardy

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award