• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi I’ve lots of questions....

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
It isn't funny @Shezbug
She told me off
I am just remembering another thread where people were getting the he's and she's mixed up....... weren't you involved in that chat too?

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
I am just remembering another thread where people were getting the he's and she's mixed up....... weren't you involved in that chat too?
Probably. I mean nobody has the right to tell me off for getting genders mixed up as everybody THINKS I AM A GIRLLLLLLL!!!! :lol:

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Probably. I mean nobody has the right to tell me off for getting genders mixed up as everybody THINKS I AM A GIRLLLLLLL!!!! :lol:
That is exactly why it has made me giggle and I think it is funny.

Macawnutz

Seriously Nutz!
Super Administrator
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sarah
Your not a girl? :cautious:

What kind of formula are you feeding? I would buy zupreem naturals as they are the closest to any of the formulas and they really soak up water. Soak the pellets in hot water for about 20 minutes. They will expand and get super smushy. Pour off the water and rewarm them with more hot water. Pour off and feed them in a bowl to her. Stay very close to her while feeding them. (You are basically handfeeding smushy pellets) If you do this right before actually handfeeding her she will get the hang of it.

clarousel

Rollerblading along the road
Hi again,.. from various suggestions to this topic, I tried few things

I put formula in a bowl and she took couple of sips but left majority of it.

i then bought 2 branded pallets (colored zupreem and Uncolored padivan), kept some water to make it soft and,.. she ate few pieces (like tasting it but left majority of those too).

I got her fine chopped leaves, she also ate these very little

mashing the sweet potatoes seems to work, she couldn’t keep her beak out (indicating that she likes but I’ve no idea if she will eat the same way)
Omg these photos are so adorable! Your baby looks gorgeous :')

I know nothing about macaws, just hanging around for pics hehe.