• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi Guys, I Need Help!

What would you do?

• Bedroom

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Livingroom

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters

cicerothebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
I got this handsome budgie, I named him Cicero, just 2 days ago, it's been in the living room in the day, and at night in my bedroom.

I go to uni everyday but 3 days in a week and they're from 9 til 17, my mum is home almost everyday but she always has TV on loud, and we have this semi-open kitchen. I want to keep him in my bedroom because I wanna see him when I go to sleep and wake up and whenever I'm home cause I spend %70 my time in my room, but I also don't want him to get lonely when I am gone. I can put the radio on when I am gone too. But I'm not sure which is best.

What do you think I should do? Thanks!!

Attachments

iamwhoiam

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
You can move him to the living room when you are not home so that he can see your mom and then put him back in the bedroom when you return from the university just like you are doing now. There is nothing wrong with that. Just make sure he isn't exposed to any kitchen fumes/smoke. Hopefully you are not using Teflon pots and pans. Those are dangerous for birds.
BTW, welcome to AA. Cicero is very cute.

Beth In Alaska

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Beth
How hard is it to move the cage? I think he'd be happiest with mom when you are not home and happiest with you when you are home.
Welcome- Cicero is cute!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle

cicerothebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
Oh that is great to hear! I thought they hated moving so I was really worried! No we don't use teflon :) It's not hard to move the cage at all, it's big-ish but not heavy. Thank you so much to you all! :)

Princessbella

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Theresa
Welcome! Cicero is so cute. I agree with everyone else here. Birds are flock creatures and love to be with people.

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Elaine
I agree with everyone else. Birds don't stay in one place all day in the wild why would they need to in your home.

alicat

Real Name
Ali
welcome!

I won't repeat what everyone already said haha. but very cute budgie!

Sylvi_

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sylvi
Welcome! I hope you enjoy the forum.
:welave:
Your budgie is such a cutie, wishing you many happy years with him/her!

Sweet Louise

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Pat
what about a second cage or play stand? I have cages in the living area, playstand in the bed room, and probably getting a third.... you can make your own playstand pretty inexpensively, lots have been posted here.

cicerothebird

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Sarah
what about a second cage or play stand? I have cages in the living area, playstand in the bed room, and probably getting a third.... you can make your own playstand pretty inexpensively, lots have been posted here.
Yes, I want to do a playstand but before that I wanna hand tame him first. He's not letting me touch him or even when I touch the cage he runs away :( and he's not cheeping either, so before I let him out to change rooms, I wanna do that first. But it is a great idea, can't wait to have one! :)