• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi from the U.K

Chipster

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dave
Hi all
I am looking forward to the arrival of my blue throated conure next week, I have a choice of a male or a female and they are currently being hand reared by the owner.
I have had a break from keeping birds for probably about 20 years, but after a change in personal circumstances I could do with some company and after reading up on conures they seem to make great pets, and I think the blue throated conures look beautiful.
I will no doubt be looking for plenty of advice and I have viewed this forum a few times and it’s very informative so I’ve taken the leap and registered.
Looking forward to learning from all the experience on this forum.

Reactions: tka

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Shez
Welcome to the Avenue :hiya:

:congrats5: On your new baby!

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue Dave! :starshower1:

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome!

Pockets

Walking the driveway
Avenue Veteran
Welcome to the forum!

I've learned an enormous amount here by browsing threads old and new, and this forum has helped me tremendously in learning how to be a good companion for my pet Bourke's parakeet. I hope it does the same for you.

Congratulations on your future new bird!

Cynthia & Percy

cockatoo mania
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
cynthia
Welcome

Mockinbirdiva

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Andrea
Welcome to the Avenue! Lucky you to come across a breeder raising the blue throat. They are not common at all. I remembered a member here who had one so I looked in the search bar for blue throated conure and see @Heather F ( last seen in 2018) and @Solayan has a BTC and may be able to give you more detail on the personality traits of her bird Mango. Females are a bit heavier than the males, more dominant and assertive.

Here's a FB page on this species. You might ask there too and find more information on them as companion birds.

Chipster

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dave
Welcome to the Avenue! Lucky you to come across a breeder raising the blue throat. They are not common at all. I remembered a member here who had one so I looked in the search bar for blue throated conure and see @Heather F ( last seen in 2018) and @Solayan has a BTC and may be able to give you more detail on the personality traits of her bird Mango. Females are a bit heavier than the males, more dominant and assertive.

Here's a FB page on this species. You might ask there too and find more information on them as companion birds.

Thank you ever so much for the welcome and the information, much appreciated :)

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
'ow do' from Yorkshire Dave.
:welave:
I've had a few Green Cheeks in my time and they were bonkers fun. Can't wait to see how you get on with your Blue Throat! We'll all be expecting loads of photos.

Last edited:

Chipster

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Dave
'ow do' from Yorkshire Dave.
:welave:
I've had a few Green Cheeks in my time and they were bonkers fun. Can't wait to see how you get on with your Blue Throat! We'll all be expecting loads of photos.
Thanks Linden
I’m a bit worried that every other post I read about them says about how nippy they are :D, fingers crossed I’ll have a good one though