• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi from Shanlung, Tinkerbell & Riamfada

shanlung

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
I follow you on FB Shanlung.
It was so good seeing you with her again, to know after all these years she's still there and happy to see you.
We've traveled many mile and seen many places through you and your birds.
I hope to see a happy end soon, you settled at long last, and with a bird to spend your days with.

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
I follow you on FB Shanlung.
It was so good seeing you with her again, to know after all these years she's still there and happy to see you.
We've traveled many mile and seen many places through you and your birds.
I hope to see a happy end soon, you settled at long last, and with a bird to spend your days with.

Tink happy to see me?

At first sight of me , and when I inserted my finger through the cage bars, Tink made a lunge at my fingers making me feared she chomping off my finger.
Then she turned her lunge into a gentle mouthing of finger after she gave me a heart attack, and even gentler nibbling on my finger.
And I was going to wringe her miserable neck off .

I wrote that in comment which might well be missed.

It was almost all I could do to remove my finger so that we could get her out of her cage onto my shoulder again.

Parroty jokes not for the faint of heart :D:D:D

Just-passn-thru

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Suzanne
I gathered material yesterday from a thread here into my facebook and facebook groups.

On empathic guidance on birdie.
Hope folks here ok with it.
And refresh and enjoy the memories of many years ago.

Take a look and read
Shan Lung - *************************************If you... | Facebook
:blahblah:
:D :D :D
Hello @shanlung , I'm a frim believer of using empathic energy with companion animals this is an important skill for survival of all species of animals. , many humans, over evolution have suppressed ability to utilize their inherent empathic skills.

I read through your dialog with a former Member here, about her Umbrella Cockatoo ( Amigo ) And her struggles with his displaced aggression. I don't know if your aware of amigo's demise … During one of his free flight adventures he was killed.

It's was a sad unfortunate tragedy. There's always trade-offs in life.

I enjoy watching Free Flight Hobbyists , but their is always potential risks, especially a prey animal solo bird, left to fend for it's self, without the safety of the flock, I think, intuitively a prey animal /bird, ln this situation would be in constant stress that harbors displaced aggression .

Knowledgeable seasoned Free Flight Hobbyists knows that safety in numbers… "more eyes in the sky" will lower the risk of loss and tragedy.

I am in agreement with your approach and philosophy . Thank you for sharing you have an amazing skill.
:marlenesmile:

Last edited:

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Always have enjoyed you and your African greys. Now over to FB link,,.......

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Hello @shanlung
I read through your dialog with a former Member here, about her Umbrella Cockatoo ( Amigo ) And her struggles with his displaced aggression. I don't know if your aware of amigo's demise … During one of his free flight adventures he was killed.

It's was a sad unfortunate tragedy. There's always trade-offs in life.

Amigo is gone? :( I had a soft spot for her Too. How sad for her.

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
Hi folks. Sorry I not been around. I refused another bird for long time especially a grey as that will totally restrict my travelling about and my visits to Tinkerbell. Then a friend begged me to take his grey. That grey was chomping and biting another guy for 5 years until he sold her to my friend Charles. She then attacked and bite Charles on daily basis for another 5 years until he begged me to just take her as a gift in mid 2019. I refused until Covid-19 hit us all and I knew no travelling. Then mid 2020 when first lock down lifted I accepted her and gave her the first name she ever had, Vorna, the good witch of Rigante world who saw Riamfada running first time in his life to that Old Tree. I fought the battle for her heart and mind for 6 to the months, accepting the chomps and nailing as payment for the shizz she had as a chained bird assymmetrical clipped. Waited for her to moult and hesitantly took to flight to return to her her heritage as a bird. Tinkerbell Legacy - Living with a flying parrot

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You have a sweet, kind heart. Be well and safe.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Love it :D

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
You always have great enrichment for your birds. HAPPY BIRDS!

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
Thank you Birdiemarie,

I had been behind in my mydates here.
For those interested in the window into my life with beasties and birdies, here are.

Through the strange quirks of life that only fate can bring about, I became involved in the Asian fairy bluebird.
And how that saga unfolded.

What prompted me to write mentality of grey // Imprinting of birds// A fairy in my life
shanlung: What prompted me to write mentality of grey // Imprinting of birds// A fairy in my life

Meet Oberon
shanlung: Meet Oberon

Sieben lost his life // A crack in the ice
shanlung: Sieben lost his life // A crack in the ice

A funny thing happened on the way to the forum // Building trust & understanding with Oberon
shanlung: A funny thing happened on the way to the forum // Building trust & understanding with Oberon

Oberon - Plans are like wishes // Turning Sieben into a lap cat // I Should be sadistic to Ivan?
shanlung: Oberon - Plans are like wishes // Turning Sieben into a lap cat // I Should be sadistic to Ivan?

Mirror mirror on the wall // Oberon - His future // Kitties Sieben & Ivan
shanlung: Mirror mirror on the wall // Oberon - His future // Kitties Sieben & Ivan

Doink doink // food management //Oberon - Ending this chapter
shanlung: Doink doink // food management //Oberon - Ending this chapter

Oberon -Returning him to the realm of Fairy Queens
shanlung: Oberon -Returning him to the realm of Fairy Queens

Can any animal learn to recognize itself in a mirror?

If they followed me, they would have known much much earlier that even a shama

can know mirrors and know exactly what the mirror was .

Look at Libai and Mirror mirror on the wall

shanlung

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
shanlung
Can any animal learn to recognize itself in a mirror?

If they followed me, they would have known much much earlier that even a shama

can know mirrors and know exactly what the mirror was .

Look at Libai and Mirror mirror on the wall