• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi from Japan

Kori

Walking the driveway
Hello!
I'm sadly joining after the death of my beloved Pinko just this past Monday night. He was bilingual in Japanese and English and was with me every waking hour, as I am housebound. I miss him so much.

I've almost always had a budgie - had a 13 year old budgie as a child/teen and a 6 year old girl budgie called Pitchii before Pinko. So, once I've had some time to grieve and can actually look forward to a new addition, then I will start my search.

I've often searched this forum for chop ideas or health concerns and found it very helpful. So, I thought it's time to join. It's already nice to be with fellow birb people as I grieve Pinko.

Yoroshiku x

AussieBird

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
5EAEDCCA-21E4-4065-AE88-C32590975D0F.png
Sorry for your loss :sorrow: Budgies are such special little birdies.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I'm so sorry ... how old was Pinko? They are ALL so special!!! Give yourself whatever time you need to reflect... ponder... and go forward. May God give you wisdom to move forward!

Oscarbird

Sprinting down the street
Hi, and welcome to Avian Avenue! :)

I am so sorry for your loss of Pinko. :sadhug:
I'm sure he was an amazing friend and companion, may he fly high.

GreenThing

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Kat
Birds have a delicacy and charm that is so different from dogs and cats-- every day I get home from work and the birds are all alive I feel relieved, I know they can go so quickly. Budgies are so dear, I hope you can heal from the loss of your friend with fellow bird-lovers and meet a new companion at the right time! I know budgies are beloved in Japan (as they rightfully are in so many places).

Kori

Walking the driveway
I'm so sorry ... how old was Pinko? They are ALL so special!!! Give yourself whatever time you need to reflect... ponder... and go forward. May God give you wisdom to move forward!
Pinko was 8 and a half. He had a tumor. He was so brave until the end x

It seems I will be going forward sooner than I thought. My husband had been ringing around and after I had my vaccination this morning, he offered to take me to see some baby budgies :budgie8:

Kori

Walking the driveway
Birds have a delicacy and charm that is so different from dogs and cats-- every day I get home from work and the birds are all alive I feel relieved, I know they can go so quickly. Budgies are so dear, I hope you can heal from the loss of your friend with fellow bird-lovers and meet a new companion at the right time! I know budgies are beloved in Japan (as they rightfully are in so many places).
Thanks so much x Yes, they are popular here, not only are they adorable and make great companions but they fit the small apartment life better than other breeds.

My husband surprised me and took me to see some baby budgies this morning. Oh so soon! I'm feeling ok, but somehow I worry about the judgement of others??
Anyway, We have a little yellow pied put aside and we'll pick him/her up in about ten days.

Kori

Walking the driveway
Hi, and welcome to Avian Avenue! :)

I am so sorry for your loss of Pinko. :sadhug:
I'm sure he was an amazing friend and companion, may he fly high.
Thank you x Yes, he was amazing. He brought us joy every day and helped me cope with being housebound.
He will also forever be remembered as the little monkey who learnt to say "you pooped! don't poop!" in Japanese, from my husband.

BirdG1rl

Real Name
Mara M.M
Welcome to the Avenue! So sorry for your loss. :( :welave:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue! 1.welcome signs.gif

I´m very sorry for your loss.

I'm feeling ok, but somehow I worry about the judgement of others??
Do what makes you happy. Don´t worry about others and their opinions. Ultimately the only thing that matters is that this is the decision you and your husband want to make. Lifes too short to worry about what other people think :)

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!

Kori

Walking the driveway
Welcome to the Avenue! View attachment 392988

I´m very sorry for your loss.

Do what makes you happy. Don´t worry about others and their opinions. Ultimately the only thing that matters is that this is the decision you and your husband want to make. Lifes too short to worry about what other people think :)
You're totally right, of course! Thanks x

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
Budgies are the ambassadors of the bird world. They are often the first bird we meet as a child.
They draw us in with their beauty, spunk and sweet nature.
I understand the devastation you feel, and also the need to once again have that joy in your life.
Welcome to AA, we can't wait to meet whatever new baby you decide on.

Pat H

Real Name
Pat
I think it's GREAT... Let us know when you bring home your new 'little Sunshine'... :heart:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome to the forum, and I'm so sorry for your loss. The right time to get a new bird is when you're ready. :) No judgment from anyone here. I can't wait to see pics of your new friend.

Kori

Walking the driveway
Welcome to the forum, and I'm so sorry for your loss. The right time to get a new bird is when you're ready. :) No judgment from anyone here. I can't wait to see pics of your new friend.
Thank you. It's already feeling right - it's helping me not get too depressed over losing Pinko.