• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hi Everyone!

RockysMom

Meeting neighbors
Diet all sounds good. Try eating veggies in front of him or fake eat them. They often need to see food is safe to eat. Make ummm good sounds & then offer him some.

Once he chews the rope swing to the point it needs repaired you can wrap it with vet wrap. That should give more time before it's destroyed to the point it needs replaced. You should have perches close to food & water dishes, so he can sit & eat/drink.

I like to hang toys mostly close to the sides, as JaKhu (B&G Macaw) likes too hang by one toenail & flap her wings in her cage. Her swing is more in the middle. There are a couple toys she can reach from her swing, but the rest she has to climb around to get to. She has 3 hanging toys she also like to hang from. She spends a lot of time upside down & always has. I also have some toys hung close to the bottom, as she also likes to lay on her back & play & she has foot toys too.
I frequently eat veggies in front of him and he always wants some. Once I offer him a piece and he realizes it's a veggie he throws it and sometimes tries to bite me.

Could frequently chewing on rope lead to crop impaction, or does that tend to only happen to small birds?