• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heyo~ I'm JJ!

JJ_is_Not

Moving in
Real Name
JJ
Hello~
I'm JJ, as the title says. My partner and I have been very slowly redecorating our home, we haven't painted since we got our Dove, Azzy, but we're planning to soon, and that's how I found this place. I was looking for some advice on painting, and have decided to get some ECOS and wait until it warms up so we can ventilate well.

Umm... I'm not sure what to say... I guess... I'm 32, queer, huge nerd, lover of all animals. Our home includes myself and my partner, Bull, my dogs, Digg and Coop, cats, Tricks and Frankie, and Azzy, our Ringneck Dove. And a snail tank pretty soon! We're still preparing for that. Anyway, lovely to meet you all!
1613901410354.png

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Welcome to the Avenue JJ! 1.welcome signs.gif

Your dove is beautiful! :swoon:

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Welcome!

JJ_is_Not

Moving in
Real Name
JJ
Welcome to the Avenue JJ! View attachment 374012

Your dove is beautiful! :swoon:
Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'm sure Azzy will appreciate that, I'll let him know ^_^

Queer? I so hate that word :)

welcome ;-)
Thank you~ I'm sorry if it bothers you, it's my personal identifier, but I can understand some people having had bad experiences with it and it's connotations. I'm Agender, so I don't identify as male or female, and I don't feel like gay or straight says it right.

Thank you!

cassiesdad

Ripping up the road
Weather Authority
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Bob Weisman
Welcome to the Avenue, JJ and Azzy!

jh81

Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Jan
Thank you for the warm welcome, and I'm sure Azzy will appreciate that, I'll let him know ^_^

Thank you~ I'm sorry if it bothers you, it's my personal identifier, but I can understand some people having had bad experiences with it and it's connotations. I'm Agender, so I don't identify as male or female, and I don't feel like gay or straight says it right.

Thank you!
No worries ;-) do you plan to give your dove (which is very pretty by the way) a companion?

JJ_is_Not

Moving in
Real Name
JJ
No worries ;-) do you plan to give your dove (which is very pretty by the way) a companion?
Thanks ^_^ I appreciate the understanding.

I have definitely considered getting him a companion, I don't love that he's alone, but I'm unsure because of introductions, his trust in me (which is not super steady, he came from a bad place) and cage requirements. I was thinking about posting a thread inquiring on some of those things.

Sunni Tiel

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Rachel
Welcome!

Sparkles99

Biking along the boulevard
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
:welcome2:

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
Welcome!

Chomskypom

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Chom (pronouns they/them)
Welcome! Sounds like a happy house full of pets! I'm interested to hear about your snail tank once you get there- were you thinking terrestrial or aquatic ones?

JJ_is_Not

Moving in
Real Name
JJ
Welcome! Sounds like a happy house full of pets! I'm interested to hear about your snail tank once you get there- were you thinking terrestrial or aquatic ones?
Thank you! Yes, it certainly is. We're not the type for kids, but our pets are our babies. We're planning on aquatic snails, mystery snails actually. Perhaps not the easiest of pets but they're very interesting at least. I'll be sure to post pictures

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
I named a cat one time J J. It is a catchy name. We have another member with a white dove too. @Birdbabe

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
Welcome, and enjoy the site!