• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hey Lotus~ Train your parrot to accept medication..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

lotus15

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Coco
Wow Saemma :) :heart: It is so sweet of you to think of me!! I actually considered trying something like this, but, the problem I ran into with Charles was that I have nothing to positively reinforce with-- he can't eat his favorite treats right now :( I might work on this with Lola preemptively though. Thank you!!!! :)

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha
I'd have to look at that.

I had to give oral medication to Piper a while back - while I managed to do it and Piper wasn't afraid to come to me knowing it was coming, I still don't think he thought it was a pleasant experience.

I also had to administer drops in Joey's eyes a while back - was that ever interesting.

I don't think I would have any issues with Shade as she'll gobble anything up and Pixel would be the same and I can handle both without issues.

Zuri would be ok in a towel.

Petey - if I ever had to give him any medications and my boyfriend wasn't around - hmm....not sure what would happen.

Tinytoez

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Tammy
Im one of the lucky ones, for some reason Indy goes absolutly crazy when he sees a syringe, he loves it, he has done ever since Ive had him, probably because I used to feed him "goodies" through it, I also regularly give him a probiotic liquid through it just to make sure he doesnt forget.
He also loves being "towelled" again because we have played it ever since he was young, and he gets wrapped up in a towel after a shower so I can take him up to the bedroom safely without the dog noticing, he even sits on the bed looking at me all cosy without even bothering to try and get out of it, and he also loves hiding under my duvet with me too.
So thankfully just through playing, with an eye to make him more comfortable with things has payed off for us.

Saemma

Ripping up the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I'd have to look at that.

I had to give oral medication to Piper a while back - while I managed to do it and Piper wasn't afraid to come to me knowing it was coming, I still don't think he thought it was a pleasant experience.

I also had to administer drops in Joey's eyes a while back - was that ever interesting.

I don't think I would have any issues with Shade as she'll gobble anything up and Pixel would be the same and I can handle both without issues.

Zuri would be ok in a towel.

Petey - if I ever had to give him any medications and my boyfriend wasn't around - hmm....not sure what would happen.
:hehe::p you didn't mention the sultry eyes Pixel...:hehe:

Shade

Crazy for Pois!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Natacha

:hehe::p you didn't mention the sultry eyes Pixel...:hehe:
I did, right in that line with Shade :)
I don't think I'd have any trouble with Shade and Pixel - can do pretty much all I want with them and they are quite willing to try new things :)

Status
Not open for further replies.