• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hes Here!

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
Meet Benson! ( or Ben for short ) we got him on Saturday at Petco. Bellas has been looking at him and they have been talking to each other across the room! When we got Benson his wings were clipped he jumped out of his cage when something fell while I was changing his food, he was hopping around on the floor and I gave him some millet, he should have been named hop! I'm pretty sure he's a boy, he looks about 1-2 months younger than Bella, and when she calls to him it sounds sharp and loud, when he calls back its quieter and more musical (so cute)

Here are some pics ( he looks like a pastel mutation, his stripes are also light gray)

Attachments

Icey

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Ann
Awww what a sweetheart :heart2:

Emma&pico

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Emma
So cute congratulations :heart:

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge

Kiwi's Dad

Rollerblading along the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Sebastian
He’s adorable :xflove:

Xoetix

Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Meghan (she/her)
Dawwww :starshower1:

Sparkles99

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Benson is beautiful! I'm pretty sure she's a she, but am tagging @AussieBird & @Lady Jane
:bounce4: Congratulations!!!

LexBirds

Walking the driveway
Real Name
-Lex-
Aww :swoon:

Are they in the same room? I thought you were going to quarantine?
Yes, I am quarantining, they are very far apart and in a very open room. I have not let them get close, do they have to be in different rooms?

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Benson looks like female in your photo. If cere is bluer than photo take a few more for us to see. The sound of chirps have nothing to do with gender ID in budgies.

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
:cngrt5:
Benson may be a girl based solely on the fact he is an opaline. I cannot tell from those photos, how old is he?

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Yes, I am quarantining, they are very far apart and in a very open room. I have not let them get close, do they have to be in different rooms?
Yes, different rooms. There must be walls and closed doors between quarantining birds.
Be sure to take your bird to the vet for a wellness check, and hope they´re healthy :fingerscrossed:

AussieBird

Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Call me AB
How can you tell Benson’s an opaline, @AussieBird ?!
S/he has very little barring on her head, neck and shoulders. The body colour and mask line isn't really there, and the body colour is showing up on the wings.
If that makes sense. All but two of mine are opaline, so I guess I am just familiar with it :shrug:

JulietRose

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Juliet
Meet Benson! ( or Ben for short ) we got him on Saturday at Petco. Bellas has been looking at him and they have been talking to each other across the room! When we got Benson his wings were clipped he jumped out of his cage when something fell while I was changing his food, he was hopping around on the floor and I gave him some millet, he should have been named hop! I'm pretty sure he's a boy, he looks about 1-2 months younger than Bella, and when she calls to him it sounds sharp and loud, when he calls back its quieter and more musical (so cute)

Here are some pics ( he looks like a pastel mutation, his stripes are also light gray)
Congrats! He’s a very pretty budgie :)