• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

He's back!

Somebirdie

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Lovely to hear he has calmed down
The hormones can be -intense-!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Lovely to hear he has calmed down
The hormones can be -intense-!
Intense is certainly one way to put it, but I seriously think intense is not quite a strong enough word to convey the total change and horror behaviour lol.
I swear someone had snuck into my home and stolen my happy cheeky well mannered bird and replaced him with the definition of evil or the devil himself :laugh: This last week I can actually see the difference in his body posture, feather positioning, eyes and even how holds his beak- there is a calm feeling about him again.
My family members were not even comfortable going anywhere near the room Burt's cage is in as they both said he scared them with how he was looking and behaving.

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
very happy to hear someone has a break, funny you said you gave the nuts and all back, me too!! its been stressful as hell trying to balance the diet... the vet told me pellets and veggies only but he goes insane on that diet. he eats pellets and the nuts calms down after for a little. they gave him lupron and hes still nutty as hell. im debating the implant. satan appeared in him when lupron wore off last week early. just went through a gazillion posts from 2018 here on the hormone drugs and implant really worried to even give these drugs period.
Think I am just going to have to prepare myself to come to terms with each spring and summer being a constant game of don't turn my back and remember to dodge and duck to avoid the murderous bird who is out to get me.
I personally am not keen on medications unless they are totally necessary as they all come with their own issues so I will just manage as long as I can without them.

flyzipper

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Steve
spring and summer being a constant game of don't turn my back and remember to dodge and duck to avoid the murderous bird who is out to get me.
Maybe not constant.. my 12 and 17 year-olds are well behaved with me, so there's hope it will subside in time.
You may just have to endure 5-10 more seasons :(

Shezbug

Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Maybe not constant.. my 12 and 17 year-olds are well behaved with me, so there's hope it will subside in time.
You may just have to endure 5-10 more seasons :(
Yes you are right, I have heard they mostly settle with age. Going through the whole spring and summer with an angry bird really makes the seasons seem so much longer.... like a lifetime to be honest lol.

Hahns0hmy

Walking the driveway
Real Name
Adam
Think I am just going to have to prepare myself to come to terms with each spring and summer being a constant game of don't turn my back and remember to dodge and duck to avoid the murderous bird who is out to get me.
I personally am not keen on medications unless they are totally necessary as they all come with their own issues so I will just manage as long as I can without them.
you inspired me to skip further hormone, Im trying the path of sticking a bunch of different foraging toys in. I changed all of the others out in hopes of keeping him real real busy. its more work but hopefully it brings peace. For fathers day i have parrot toys coming to me as gifts from all the stress I’ve had.