• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Hervey Bay, Queensland, Australia- 3 escaped Pigeons!

PunLover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessie
Hello! I have no idea where else to post this, and I did not have the means to catch them at the time, but in the Urangan McDonalds parking lot there were 3 escaped Show Pigeons! It has been around an hour since I saw them, and they appeared unable to fly, making no attempts to fly even from cars. I nearly picked one up but we had to go as we had our dog in the car from the Groomers, and it was running into the parking lot. 2 were white, one with brown markings on its wings, one crested, and the other grey, all with large fan tails. Completely unafraid of people, definately not native.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Unfortunately, these pretty pigeons are sitting ducks for cats and other creatures! Are you able to contact a rescue? Or pick them up yourself? Poor babies! :sadhug2:

PunLover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessie
Neither, sadly, and I have confidence there are no cats/dogs nearby, but there are massive fruit bat colonies. My mum posted about them on afacebook group for pets in this city.

PunLover

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Jessie
Just asked mum about it, the post wasn't even approved yet. Too much time has passed. -_- Looking at a page on fantail pigeons, they were possibly Belgium Fantails.

BirdG1rl

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Mara M.M
Poor pigeons! I hope they'll be alright! :sadhug2: