• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heron in flight

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
I went to visit my late parents at the cemetery this morning. There are lots of ducks and geese, as well as 2 elegant lady swans. Today a heron was visiting. He was so close to my car, but as I put the window down he flew off. I was hoping to get a still shot, but this is even better.

1597086734145.jpeg

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Great pic!

Ali

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Alistair
Beautiful!

Lots of birds over the other side by the looks of things! Reminds me of @Zara and her happy place thread

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
Beautiful photo! What a lovely sight to see :)

Dona

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
My parents laughed when they chose this place for their final rest. They are in an above ground location that is right next to a parking lot so they said I can visit, even in bad weather, just sit in the car. And with all the birds, they knew I'd come often. :) My parents have been gone for 8 and 13 years, so now my visits are mostly happy ones. It's a beautiful place. They also have a pet cemetery. I have walked through it and the words on the tombstones are worth reading. Some so moving and loving. One just says simply "Prince. He was a good dog." :heart: