• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Heres Ollie!

macawpower58

Flying along the Avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Shutterbugs' Best
What a beauty!
He likes car rides?

alshgs

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
That's a very young bird. What did I miss? Where did he come from?
You've missed a lot. Hes 3 months old. Im finishing hand feeding him. Hes a blue and gold hybrid. His name is Oliver :)

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
:congrats3: You made several post about finding a good Macaw cage so I guess you did. Oliver will enjoy your home and all the good things that come with it.

rockoko

Squawk and Meow!
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Martine
Omg what a cutie pie! Congratulations!

Shezbug

ASK ME FOR PICTURES OF MY MACAW!
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Shez
Congratulations!!

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
You've missed a lot. Hes 3 months old. Im finishing hand feeding him. Hes a blue and gold hybrid. His name is Oliver :)
He’s a hybrid? Looks pure B & G to me. Catablue?

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
He’s a hybrid? Looks pure B & G to me. Catablue?
Not sure
The people that I got him from said that he may be a hybrid because of how dark purple his wings are. That they don't look like a normal b&g. Its hard to tell unless he's outside in the sun. Then his colors really stand out

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Congrats! He sure is a cutie!

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
So cute!

BirdAtHart

Meeting neighbors
Real Name
Ashley
:laugh: At just 3 months, you're not 'finishing', you're in for the long haul!
That’s exactly what I was thinking..my boy is over 5 months now and still chugging the formula, but it is awfully fun and I love having that time with him, so it isn’t so bad.
Oliver is absolutely stunning! He does look like a pure B&G to me though. Either way, he’s gorgeous. Congratulations!!!

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
That’s exactly what I was thinking..my boy is over 5 months now and still chugging the formula, but it is awfully fun and I love having that time with him, so it isn’t so bad.
Oliver is absolutely stunning! He does look like a pure B&G to me though. Either way, he’s gorgeous. Congratulations!!!
I'll take him outside this afternoon and show you what they're talking about. He has to be in natural sunlight for the colors to truly come through

aooratrix

Macawaholic
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
I'll take him outside this afternoon and show you what they're talking about. He has to be in natural sunlight for the colors to truly come through
There are currently no subspecies of blue and golds, but there seem to be populations that differ from the "normal." Joanne Abramson's "The Large Macaws" points out some birds with orange rather than yellow/gold breast tones, and some that have a more metallic or aquamarine blue. I've met some with green tones at the bottom of the black beard and some called "indigos" with very dark primaries. Some claim that Bolivian blue and golds are giants, but few really know the origins of their breeding pairs. It's a marketing tactic, mainly.

I don't see any hybrid characteristics in the pics so far.

alshgs

Avenue Veteran
There are currently no subspecies of blue and golds, but there seem to be populations that differ from the "normal." Joanne Abramson's "The Large Macaws" points out some birds with orange rather than yellow/gold breast tones, and some that have a more metallic or aquamarine blue. I've met some with green tones at the bottom of the black beard and some called "indigos" with very dark primaries. Some claim that Bolivian blue and golds are giants, but few really know the origins of their breeding pairs. It's a marketing tactic, mainly.

I don't see any hybrid characteristics in the pics so far.

It wouldn't make any difference to me either way, it would be awesome if he was a hybrid, but its okay if hes not. we love him just the same :)

Monica

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Monica
I bet the discoloration will molt out with age! :) I don't see any indications of hybrid, either!

EagleClem

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Michelle
:congrats5: Ollie is beautiful!