• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Pictures Here's my nude.... Kismet the Grey

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
I have tried a few tricks to keep her from plucking, but she is 27. She was with her other owners for 26 years, and they were very good to her, I have all her vet records, there is no harm from them. (basically, not sure why she plucks)
I have bought AviCalm supplement and Featheriffic. Who has had good results with this? She is not nervous though, she is very socialble, easy to pick up, cannot touch her but I can rock her on my knee while we sit in the rocking chair in the bird room. So, I am not sure that I will keep her on the AviCalm.

81559116_10221766965629214_6398360682345005056_o.jpg

sunnysmom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Michelle
She's beautiful, even naked. :) Do you think the feathers could grow back or are the follicles damaged?

Odin

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Chantal
She's beautiful, even naked. :) Do you think the feathers could grow back or are the follicles damaged?
I don't know, she will let a few "fluffies" grow a bit, then I get home from work, and she's naked again. I move her cage toys weekly, she gets a variation of food daily.. I don't know what more I can do. It doesn't seem to bother her, it doesn't bother me. She is in a medium sized bedroom with heat and humidifier, so she is not cold or uncomfortable.

MauiWendy

Jogging around the block
Real Name
Wendy
Has anyone heard of Rescue Remedy. I was reading a post on FB that this woman gave it to her dog because the dog was losing hair. So then she tried it on her bird that plucked and said it helped. I don't know but might be worth looking in to.

Tiel Feathers

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Deanna
Has anyone heard of Rescue Remedy. I was reading a post on FB that this woman gave it to her dog because the dog was losing hair. So then she tried it on her bird that plucked and said it helped. I don't know but might be worth looking in to.
My daughter takes rescue remedy before she performes to help take the edge off being nervous. I think the dose for her is something like 10 drops, but she takes the whole dropper. She doesn’t really notice a difference, but she takes it anyway because she feels that if there is a slim chance of it helping, it’s worth it. Personally I don’t think it’s much more than a placebo effect, but others have said they have had success with it for nerves. I don’t know how much it could help a parrot, but Dr. McCluggage, a very well known holistic avian vet, recommends it, and other Bach Flowers, for various problems.

@Odin she’s a cutie!