• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Here is our setup!

Momo & Mido

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Irene
Although I still have some things on my wish list, I think I'm very happy with our setup right now. So I'd like to share with you all how it looks.
If you have questions or comments feel free to do so!

These are their 5 play areas in the living room:

1. Not really 'play', just a place they like to sit when it gets dark, because they now their dad is coming home any minute!
IMG_2585.jpg
2. Momo likes to shred the paper while Mido likes to sit in the hammock on top.
IMG_2589.jpg
3. On top of their cage. The coconuts are new, so the seeds and paper are still there to discover. Because I can't leave the cages open when they are both out, I had to create a place where they can eat and drink. 3 dishes on top (2 with pellets 1 with little foraging toys) and on the lower shelf is a big water dish.
IMG_2590.jpg
4. The skyscraper, with a foraging toy hanging in the centre. (Those light are LED and don't get warm, plus they can also be used for outside, so they are very sturdy and robust)
IMG_2593.jpg
5. One of the best things I ever bought for them. This big rope was great when Momo came live with us and could not fly at all. He always climbed up there and seem to feel safe. Today it is still their favourite spot to borb, preen and hangout together.
IMG_2595.jpg

If you did not get bored yet and you are still here, we're moving on to the cage setup! It's a double cage. There was a grid as divider, but Momo is very territorial and bit Mido in the foot a few times. So I switched it for plexiglass. I'm a little neurotic, so I decorated in mirror image. My filosofie is to try and make different stations where they can sit and play with a toy. I try to use as many natural materials as I can.
NOTE:
1. I was in the process of cleaning, so you might spot some poop on some pictures.
2. The dowel perch in Momo's cage is temporary (I broke his Y-perch yesterday).

Momo's home:
IMG_2660.jpg
1. They have their water bowl on top. I put a big net on the sealing of the cage. This is one of their favourite climbing spots. Momo loves his trunk hut (made of cork) where he just runs around, over and under whenever you come near it. If we did not DNA test him I would say he's a she.
1576583387881.jpeg
2. Before cleaning, so please don't look at the poop! This is Momo's food station, pellets and veggies. That weird looking thing above is a perch where he jumps on whenever he is ready eating.
IMG_2611.jpg
3. This is on the other side. Momo loooooves bells and shiny things, plus shredding paper.
IMG_2645.jpg

Mido's home:
IMG_2661.jpg
1. Instead of the trunk hut Mido has a treehouse.
IMG_2599.jpg
2. They both have these java shelfs where I put the seeds when I want them to get in their cages.
IMG_2600.jpg
3. Mido loves playing with beats and leather, so I made the toy on the left. Plus a lot of places to climb and walk around. I want to give them the feeling of living in a tree where the feel safe and don't have to get bored. I'm love this snake would by the way.
IMG_2601.jpg
4. Foodstation, plus Christmas stockings in the background!
IMG_2603.jpg
5. Mido sits here a lot.
IMG_2633.jpg

Thank you for reading. I hope you liked watching all my craziness.

PS: I'm not sure this is posted in the right lane, so moderator, feel free to move if necessary.

Zara

♥❀Livin´ in Lovebird Land❀☼
Super Moderator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avenue Concierge
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Incredible set-ups!!! I love everything :loveit:

Momo and Mido are such lucky birdies :cloud9: :loveshower:

JoJo&Loki

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Kelly
Very nice! Not craziness at all, you know your birbs and have really thought out all the different stations. I do the same thing.

Thanks for sharing, I’m sure they both love their areas:joyful:

kathyth

Jogging around the block
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Kathy
Beyond fantastic! Lucky birds!

Leih

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leih Pearson
It looks great! I love the treetop idea and using the ropes twisted around as perches. So many things to keep them busy!

Dona

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Very nice set up!

Lady Jane

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Dianne
Your birds will never be bored and needing something to do. I have one small suggestion about the bell. If it is not stainless steel I would removed the ringer. Birds can get them out sometimes and chew or swallow them.

Dextine

Meeting neighbors
My goodness!!
You inspire me to buy more bird toys lol

What are the cage sizes?

MiniMacaw

Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name