• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Here comes....

Ella.pi

Sprinting down the street
Avenue Veteran
Here's my cutie face. :xflove: I have to wear earplugs when patty cake's on my shoulder (yep! it's that bad! makes my ears ring and actually hurt. Not fun! I'm ok with her screaming at arms length, just NOT IN my ear.^^) but appart from that, he or she's adorable.

20170816_182754-1.jpg 20170816_182802.jpg 20170816_185023-1.jpg 20170816_185002.jpg 20170816_184951-1.jpg 20170816_182937-1-1.jpg 20170816_184746-1.jpg 20170816_203834.jpg

Attachments

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Beautiful and sweet. What a wonderful combination.

expressmailtome

Ripping up the road
Administrator
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Matthew
It is nice to see a Patagonian conure.

Ella.pi

Avenue Veteran
Photos never do them justice. patty baby's so stunning! It's very much a cuddly baby right now, a bit clumsy with those feet and yet so amazing in flight! it's landings are already so soft and precise, no baby clumsiness or crash landings, it literally hovers and changes directions in mid air. There is no ducking when it wants to land on your head because it just hovers and lands anyway. :p Patty cakes loves to follow us everywhere in the house and snuggle on my shoulder, not so softly cooing in my ear. :wacky: Yersteday, it scared me doing a tumble thing when it just rolls over and tumbles from my shoulder down my front to land on it's back in my lap! I read that about red fronts I think? baby just trusts I'll catch it. :blink::laugh: It also loves to lay on me like a kitten while being petted. Such a fantastic gentle baby bird. Wants to participate in everything we do.

It reverted to needing a morning feeding with the change of homes... but it's eating much more since yesterday so I feel confident it will only need 1 feeding a day very soon. I felt concerned for a minute there, wondering if it's breeder had force weaned it or something... it's not even 3 months old yet actually so still quite young to pass on to someone! but it's doing fine eating by itself throughout the day. I'm working on giving it as much diversity as possible and getting it to taste everything by feeding it with us, during our meals. In it's cage, it doesn't eat as much. I feel very much like a mum with a human baby with the daily weighing and all the hands on attention and snuggles patty needs.

I do feel more secure having it at home with us though because while it's breeders weren't bad, they were feeding mainly seeds and coloured versele laga pellets that I'm not so fond of... so I feel the sooner I can get it on a well balanced diet with more fruit, veggies and sprouts, the better it'll grow. Baby weighs 230gr so still has quite a bit of filling out to do until it reaches it's adult size. Also they're big cat lovers and have a bengal big 8 months kitten that loves the birds a little to much. It was in the bird room with us and took a swipe at our baby in mid flight. I saw the kitten playing with them by passing it's paws through the bars to! :omg: so yeah... I feel an accident could happen any day and they don't see the harm in it. :huh: They're a couple of passionate hobby breeders and yes, their birds have lots of room etc. but I feel like I'll patty cake's (just a nickname by the way :p) is safer with us. I just pay very special attention to it during this weaning process. They said that it's just a matter of weaks... i'm not convinced. I think they don't do abundence weaning but look at the bird's weight to cut down feedings and estimate when the baby's "ready"... so we'll see!

I'm under the impression I have a baby macaw rather than a conure. It very much reminds me of a baby red front. If it's a female, i'll name her Chiloé, after the patagonian Island. If it's a male, he'll be named Ranco, after a patagonian lake.

Last edited:

Begone

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Shutterbugs' Best
Great update, adorable pics, and I love both names. ♥♥♥
Will you be doing a DNA?

Yersteday, it scared me doing a tumble thing when it just rolls over and tumbles from my shoulder down my front to land on it's back in my lap!
Agree. Scary, but also a little bit sweet. :heart:

finchly

Cruising the avenue
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Finchly
:heart: Beautiful.

jmfleish

Cruising the avenue
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Jen
They are very closely related to the Macaws and they are also very catlike! Congratulations! She/he is absolutely adorable! I had a female for a while named Petey...loved her! I didn't think she was that loud. My Ekkie had the hots for her! LOL! OMG! I just think this species is wonderful!

Ella.pi

Avenue Veteran
Well I live with two adorable very quiet (near silent most of the day) pionus parrots so she seems very loud to me. :lol:It doesn't bother us, it just hurts when she vocalises IN your ear. It happens quite a bit as this patty baby's a shoulder potato. But yes! we love her to bits. It's a shame how unpopular they are as pets because every one of them i've been around have been very sweet natured, very bonded to their family and full of mischief. Very unique birds. Just not a suitable apartment parrot.

Tyrion

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Real Name
Annette Thompson
Quite a beauty you have there..love the update :)

zoo mom

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
TAILGATING
Cutest Bird Ever!!!
Real Name
Elaine
Awwwwwwwwwwwwww. That is so sweet it makes my teeth hurt.

Ella.pi

Avenue Veteran
I know! so adorable! I love the "rolling over and tumbling play time" to. I have to encourage patty baby to play alone because Apache want's his shoulder time and scritches to and he's wary of this bigger louder bird. I don't want him to feel left out and jealous or patty to become to velcro. Falcon's in pi observation mode for now. I don't think he knows quite what to think of his new flock mate. :huh::lol:He won't go near her yet, even though patty wants to spend time with them and tries to join, my tough guys just... fly away from the big bad baby. :rolleyes: Apache will perch and eat next to it on a stand, or perch on me when baby's already there so he's not to scared, just nervous.