• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Henry's behavior with the budgie.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set

Walking the driveway
The other day I had Henry out, and Sokar the budgie decided she wanted a fly around. So out she came.
I did watch them very closely. Henry seemed aggressive toward her, though, and I'm wondering if this indicates that getting him a mate will be a bad idea? I don't really know. I did get a video of them together.

YouTube - Henry & Sokar

I was standing right there in case anything went wrong, and he never physically touched Sokar. He was mostly just hisses and threats.

I'm worried that he'll have the same reaction to another cockatiel if I get one. This is the first time he had met Sokar without a cage between them.

Anne & Gang

Riding the Skies
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Real Name
Anne
well for one, cockatiels and budgies don't really mix well...the tiels here act like the budgies come straight from hell..

Renae

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Cockatiel’s can be such grumpy birds, can’t they? He may (can’t guarantee as much as I would like to say he will) get along with another Cockatiel, being the same species, he may not though. I would really like to say there is a GOOD chance though.

With that said.. I have 2 Cockatiel’s caged with 1 Budgie who get along well, they preen each other and all. I think it all comes down to it depending on the bird, all birds are different and have their preferred choice of who they like and who they don’t like, like us.

Set

Walking the driveway
Sokar is extremely erm... Persistent. She's constantly singing to Jenry thru the cage and really wants to be friends. Before bringing Henry in all her love was focused on Apophis and she had a similar 'go away' attitude. Hopefully bringing in a boy budgie will get he attention away from them.

Henrys a big grump most of the time. I'm really hoping he'll bond with a second bird.

Status
Not open for further replies.