• ALL Threads/Post in Rehome Highway will be reviewed for compliance to forum guidelines before being approved.
  • Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here

Henry - 16 year old rescue Hawk Head Parrot

Agoode

Moving in
Real Name
Alexandra Goode
Hi there,

I own/run a rescue Open Arms Parrot Rescue and we have had a Hawk Head Parrot come in. We are posting to all forums, reaching out as far as we can to see if we can find an experienced home for this beautiful boy.
Please if anyone can help, please contact me ASAP.

thank you

Hankmacaw

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Avian Angel
Avenue Concierge
Real Name
Mary Lynn Skinner
It would be helpful to have some information about the bird, including whatever background you have on him and what his diet has been. Also would be helpful to have your general location.

Agoode

Moving in
Real Name
Alexandra Goode
Hi, he is currently based in Coventry (west mindlands) my phone number is 07496724019 if anyone would like to have serious discussions about him

tka

Rollerblading along the road
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Interesting, we don't see many hawkheads in the UK!

There was someone in the Nottinghamshire Parrot Club who had hawkheads. If you contact Rosemary Low, she may be able to put you in touch with him.

MR. Mango

Rollerblading along the road
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
gorgeus parrot, too bad that he's across the pond or I would have loved to check him out!

camelotshadow

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Real Name
Christine
What a charming lad. Good thing he's a Brit as I don't have to pine over him with unrealistic dreams.

Good luck finding him a great home.

Black band is interesting. Penny has a black band but she & her brother were bred in CA in the late 90's probably early 2000 but I don;t think exported was ever easy.

Last edited:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
If the parrot is correctly banded it was hatched 2007 or 2013. 2019 is the only other year black was officially used.*
Landline number would be better, never trust mobiles.
* Information from The Parrot Society UK.

Last edited:

Ripshod

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Linden
Okay. Open Arms checks out at Companies House, the mobile number is listed on their website Parrot | Open Arms Parrot Rescue Ltd | England
Really though, you could do with an address and landline number on your 'contact us' page. Would also be wise to use emails that match your site address rather than gmail.
At first I doubted you. If you were to address the above points this will happen less.
I hope all goes well for Henry.

Agoode

Moving in
Real Name
Alexandra Goode
If the parrot is correctly banded it was hatched 2007 or 2013. 2019 is the only other year black was officially used.*
Landline number would be better, never trust mobiles.
* Information from The Parrot Society UK.
Hello, you can visit our website www.openarmsparrotrescue.com where you will see we are perfectly legitimate.
Or our Facebook page Open Arms Parrot Rescue. I’m the founder of the rescue and I can assure you my mobile is legitimate.
He came into us from London with very little information and we are just looking to find a good home for him xx

Agoode

Moving in
Real Name
Alexandra Goode
Okay. Open Arms checks out at Companies House, the mobile number is listed on their website Parrot | Open Arms Parrot Rescue Ltd | England
Really though, you could do with an address and landline number on your 'contact us' page. Would also be wise to use emails that match your site address rather than gmail.
At first I doubted you. If you were to address the above points this will happen less.
I hope all goes well for Henry.
Our address is posted all over the website, we don’t use a landline number as we’re a 24 hour emergency rescue.
This phone goes on to different trustees