• Welcome to Avian Avenue! To view our forum with less advertisments please register with us.
    Memberships are free and it will just take a moment. Click here
  • This forum is for advice about initial treatment given to your injured/sick bird until a qualified avian veterinarian is available.
    THIS IS NOT MEANT TO REPLACE VET CARE

Helppppp!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
Visit this Bill guy to AND GIVE HIM A PIECE OF YOUR MIND!

I wish I was back in FL right now.. what a BAD horrible person!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I pray that this poor baby is ok!

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
well guys, the vet check did not go as well as we had hoped, he has a serious bacterial infection and the vet plans on keeping him through the weekend :(
thank goodness it was you who bought the baby. You knew it was not good and came looking for help. Who knows where that baby could of ended up.
I admire you for all you have done so far, the baby is very lucky you will be his mom :)

Greycloud

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
Ally, from what Cindy told me Stretch sounds like he is a strong little active baby. Being in the vets care is definitely for the best. I hope and pray all lab work returns normal. Future plans sound promising and I hope all works out. Keep your chin up and hopefully you will soon have Stretch back home with you.

Riley's mom

Rollerblading along the road
Real Name
Cindy
Visit this Bill guy to AND GIVE HIM A PIECE OF YOUR MIND!

I wish I was back in FL right now.. what a BAD horrible person!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I pray that this poor baby is ok!
This guy is still about 2 & 1/2 hours south of me. Going all the way down there just to have it out in person is not going to change what is going on with Stretch right now. He is the main focus. But enough people complaining to FWC might have some impact on his practices. I'm going to talk to some of the people up here I know. Sometimes it pays to be a wildlife rehabber.

birdlady

Joyriding the Neighborhood
Avenue Veteran
Celebirdy of the Month
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Leslie
I am so happy you got your baby to a vet right away...sounds like he is in great hands now and will flourish in your care with everyone's help. Keep up the great work! You can do this!

Karen

Biking along the boulevard
Avenue Veteran
Mayor of the Avenue
Avenue Spotlight Award
well guys, the vet check did not go as well as we had hoped, he has a serious bacterial infection and the vet plans on keeping him through the weekend :(
Ally so sorry Stretch is not well but I'm so glad that baby landed in caring hands. You're doing a good job! I hope Stretch has a speedy recovery.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
This guy is still about 2 & 1/2 hours south of me. Going all the way down there just to have it out in person is not going to change what is going on with Stretch right now. He is the main focus. But enough people complaining to FWC might have some impact on his practices. I'm going to talk to some of the people up here I know. Sometimes it pays to be a wildlife rehabber.
----------------------------------------

Cindy, this person has been a thorn and has gotton away with this for 30 years. He must have friends with deep pockets, and many people HAVE made complaints only to have those they are reporting to look the other way.

I am so glad you are helping her, and that the baby was seen and the vet is acting quickly on it. The fly in the ointment in regards to if charges can be pressed is if this was a secondary bacterial problem due to the stress from shipping...or if it was an infectious disease problem.

I do know that airlines are specific that a young bird should be 8 weeks or older, and it might be wise having the FWC persue this avenue. I have to confess I tried on my end (local to the seller) to find out what flight and insist that they inspect the bird being shipped to determine the age, but the airlines would not give out any info.

I am so glad though for this forum and the wonderful people and the advice given in regards to handfeeding, etc.

Merlie

Avenue Spotlight Award

Cindy, this person has been a thorn and has gotton away with this for 30 years. He must have friends with deep pockets, and many people HAVE made complaints only to have those they are reporting to look the other way.

I am so glad you are helping her, and that the baby was seen and the vet is acting quickly on it. The fly in the ointment in regards to if charges can be pressed is if this was a secondary bacterial problem due to the stress from shipping...or if it was an infectious disease problem.

I do know that airlines are specific that a young bird should be 8 weeks or older, and it might be wise having the FWC persue this avenue. I have to confess I tried on my end (local to the seller) to find out what flight and insist that they inspect the bird being shipped to determine the age, but the airlines would not give out any info.

I am so glad though for this forum and the wonderful people and the advice given in regards to handfeeding, etc.

I can't believe this person has that many complaints, and still gets away with it, but I guess, once again, the almight $$$ wins over animal welfare. :mad:

I'm just glad Ally reached out for help, has a good vet, and lots of great people who are helping her :heart::hug8:
I love the name "Stretch" .. great name for GW Mac!!

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy

He does have some issues for sure. It's pretty sad that even us up here have heard all of the negativity and his lack of scruples concerning his "business ethics". This baby is not even 4 weeks old. He even lied about the age of the baby. If the airlines did indeed inspect they would have known that there was no way this baby was 8 weeks old.

Yes, she was given some excellent advice on handfeeding. She is now going to get the hands on handfeeding experience that she truly needs and if anymore info is put out there about it she will just go into overload and maybe have doubts. It might be a good idea to drop anymore advice on handfeeding.

Ally

Walking the driveway
Real Name
ally
k guys, going to dinner with gramma and hubby, to build up some confidence to call this a-hole.. im sure stretch will do fine, but hes not the only baby who needs fed :p this little guy is starving me!

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I agree it wont change anything. But I do want to say I never implied to "have it out" and to have it out in person. However she can go down there, and talk to him and complain. Complain via email, phone and in person. That is the best way for change to happen. You have to be out there and complain. And if she brings health reports from the avian vet, that will help a lot.

I also think talking to wildlife rehabbers and Animal Control and anyone else that can make this guy have better practices is a good way to do it too. But I really think this guy needs to be complained too. He may not know people really care of they get sick birds or not, so he wont ever change until he starts getting complaints. And if you go in person, you can get a better idea of where the babies stay until they are brokered off and sold.

Just a thought...

Last edited:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez

I do know that airlines are specific that a young bird should be 8 weeks or older, and it might be wise having the FWC persue this avenue.

All the breeders I have talked to said the baby has to be feathered in, to be shipped. So anywhere between 5-8weeks, depending on the species, I guess.

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy
I agree it wont change anything. But I do want to say I never implied to "have it out" and to have it out in person. However she can go down there, and talk to him and complain. Complain via email, phone and in person. That is the best way for change to happen. You have to be out there and complain. And if she brings health reports from the avian vet, that will help a lot.

I also think talking to wildlife rehabbers and Animal Control and anyone else that can make this guy have better practices is a good way to do it too. But I really think this guy needs to be complained too. He may not know people really care of they get sick birds or not, so he wont ever change until he starts getting complaints. And if you go in person, you can get a better idea of where the babies stay until they are brokered off and sold.

Just a thought...
I just got off the phone with another guy who lost a baby from this guy. He talked to Ally awhile ago, then he called me. We put our heads together and came up with another possible way to deal with this guy, but we are going to talk to Ally first. If it pans out, I'll spill the beans.

Billie Faye

Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Billie Faye
Ally, so glad you got Stretch to a vet and he is taking care of the infection...DOCUMENT everything!!!!!!
Then go after him for selling you a sick bird..make him pay for the vet bills/etc....this is NOT a good business person does with animals....and I would also check with the airline who shipped him what their regulations are concerning the age of birds being shipped....and then if this bird is under that age....let them know what has happened also...Take pictures!!!!!
Have the vet take pictures also...
Thank you for taking the advice of the people who are helping you help Stretch...You are going to be a GREAT PARRONT!:heart::hug8:

MollyMouse

Well done with how you have handled everything Ally . Praying for Stretch:hug8:

Bokkapooh

Ripping up the road
Avenue Veteran
Avenue Spotlight Award
Real Name
Mercedez
I just got off the phone with another guy who lost a baby from this guy. He talked to Ally awhile ago, then he called me. We put our heads together and came up with another possible way to deal with this guy, but we are going to talk to Ally first. If it pans out, I'll spill the beans.
OMG! Someone lost a baby from this guy>! Ohhh!:(:(:(

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
All the breeders I have talked to said the baby has to be feathered in, to be shipped. So anywhere between 5-8weeks, depending on the species, I guess.
------------------------------------

Mercedez. When I heard the age and who Aly was dealing with I tried to get the airlines to stop and inspect the shipment to determine age. But over the phone, and without specific flight info I could not get anything done. The airlines requires the birds to be 8 weeks or older regardless of species.

srtiels

Ripping up the road
Mayor of the Avenue
Avian Angel
Real Name
Susanne
OMG! Someone lost a baby from this guy>! Ohhh!:(:(:(

Sadly over the years there have been lots of losses. He does not give refunds, and he captilizes on deaths or health problems, by turning on the breeder and demanding a refund or replacement. If the bird was banded I could alert the breeder....because you can bet whether the bird lives or dies the breeder will be notified and asked for a refund.

Riley's mom

Real Name
Cindy

Mercedez. When I heard the age and who Aly was dealing with I tried to get the airlines to stop and inspect the shipment to determine age. But over the phone, and without specific flight info I could not get anything done. The airlines requires the birds to be 8 weeks or older regardless of species.
I just PM'd you Stretches flight info.

Danita

Ripping up the road
Super Administrator
Chief Beak
Vendor
Avenue Veteran
Real Name
Danita
It is no longer an emergency situation.
I will close this thread and Ally can start a new thread with updates.

Status
Not open for further replies.